Lies We Tell - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lies We Tell Reviews

February 8, 2018
A stunning and heartbreaking portrayal of some very real and difficult issues, with nothing held back. Gripping storylines with incredible acting talent and a refreshing take on storytelling. The character development and twists take a hold of the audience. An absolute masterpiece.
February 8, 2018
This film is dire. The acting is something out of Bollywood. Harvey Kietel is onscreen for less than a minute at best. The storyline leaps from one subject to the next with no links or reason.
I'd give it zero stars if I could. Waste your time watching it if you don't believe me.
February 5, 2018
I loved Lies We Tell! There were so many layers and levels to explore in just over 2 hours. Gabriel Byrne is excellent as Donald who clearly yearns for a peaceful lifestyle but is thrown into Amber's world of conflict, shame and double standards. The film starts off slow, but about halfway through, you feel like you are at the beginning of a rollercoaster where it cranks you up, then you tip over the edge and witness stunning, thrilling and exciting twists. I found myself feeling so desperate to see good triumph evil, even shouting 'come on' at the screen. Brilliant finale.

Go see Lies We Tell, support an independent film and educate yourself on a new world away from the usual Hollywood guff!
½ February 3, 2018
Oh my God...this movie has to be the worst I have seen in 2017. In fact it was so bad that after watching it at a festival, I decided to not go see any other movies at this same festival. The same way that after drinking a terrible wine, you cannot digest anymore even an exceptional bottle.
I could try to resume it, I could try to tell you why not to watch it but this is so mediocre that I will only prevent you the indigestion by telling you not to go.