Life 2.0 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Life 2.0 Reviews

July 27, 2014
Life 2.0 doesn't explore all the territory of its subject matter, but nevertheless brings up many good points about the dangers of cybernetic worlds.
June 11, 2014
Sad people living sad lives in a sad documentary.
½ May 25, 2014
Weird and not really relevant to those of us who do not live in "virtual" worlds.
½ May 21, 2014
A fascinating look at some really messed up people with problems dealing with the real world.
May 15, 2014
Creepy as shit. It tries to demoralize gaming which is kind of stupid but a very well done documentary.
April 11, 2014
a beautiful, intense documentary about how people free themselves, trap themselves, and create new selves online
April 8, 2014
It's quite good, it focuses more on the people within and outside the virtual world rather than the virtual world itself. The way this doc is presesnted leaves you to make up your own mind about the whole thing. I don't know what went on between the two that had a relationship over Second Life, the end was quite creepy sounding and very sad. I admit that this has made me curious about Second Life, but i'm not sure i'd invest my whole self into it. Some things definitely seem quite off about the doc, i'm not sure how to explain them though, i think there was some bad vibes along the way. I'm really not sure why they'd film the breakdown of these people at points but anyway...pretty okay.
January 7, 2014
Interesting view on a few people that consume themselves with living in the virtual world.
December 30, 2013
A fairly run-of-the-mill and predictable portrayal of gamers who lose at the hands of selling their social souls to an online game. Interesting characters rendered flat by predictable outcomes, aside from the six figure earning Mom who fabricates nude skins.
December 3, 2013
An interesting movie. I've never played Second Life and would have liked to see more about how it works.
November 17, 2013
Very well made but also very narrowly focused on bad outcomes, rather than the broader uses and range of stories to be found among the users of Second Life. Basically, the documentary ignores the fun or the therapy to be found there.
November 11, 2013
More stories of crazy people getting wrapped up in virtual worlds, this time it is Second Life which I downloaded once and deleted after being bored to tears.

Somewhat sad and interesting at the same time.
½ September 21, 2013
one of the best documentaries I have seen.. the fact that this game second life takes over peoples real lives, and they show the inside of the virtual world... its epic. .all i can say is epic.. check it out!
September 19, 2013
As an avid Second Life player, I was thrilled to see that a documentary was being released into the spotlight about this amazingly addicting life simulator. I thought it would show people just how great the game is, and how in depth the exploration and money market is... boy was I wrong. This film shows the other side of Second Life, the side that will consume your life in the worst possible way. That isn't to say that this film is bad in any way... It's actually quite amazing, it just isn't what I was expecting. If you've never seen anything of Second Life, this isn't the place to start. It will definitely give you a poor impression of what to me is one of the best games of all time.
½ September 15, 2013
This is an interesting documentary about how people lose (find) themselves in virtual reality. I think it is interesting how people explain why they find the game so freeing and how the cost is more than just money, it is physical and emotional costly to jobs and personal relationships in real life.
September 10, 2013
Personally, I found this to be a rather boring flick. It had me going for the first half, but I was expecting some sort of plot twist that never happened. It was like a long, slow build with no real climax. Honestly, it became hard to watch.
½ February 22, 2013
Fascinating and intriguing look into the psychology and life style of people who take on a second life on-line, 9/10
May 4, 2012
Really sad doc about broken people trying to escape reality.
April 22, 2012
Heavy handed and one-sided at times. Still, an interesting film. Also has some unintentional humor and can be surprisingly touching.
½ March 18, 2012
This is a good film. However does not speak for all residents of second life and I hope most people realize that these are stories of extremes...even though they probably wont because most people are ignorant like that. I play second life I do not look for real life love there nor do I do the sl family thing like the weird ones do..and I only play for a couple hours a day at the most and I typically do not play everyday... so there are ppl out there that play sl that have a real life too.