Life According To Sam - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Life According To Sam Reviews

½ March 10, 2016
I felt like I could reach out and touch Sam. This film makes you consider how your life is measured. Undoubtedly one of my favorite documentaries.
½ January 15, 2016
Having never seen this doc before now and already knowing Sam's story,the movie is spot om showing a grace,warmth and charm that this remarkable young man had.I wish before I die that I have a tenth of the outlook on life this beautiful young man showed.
½ March 12, 2015
What a remarkable boy that Sam Berns was.

Life According to Sam tells the story about Sam Berns when he had progeria, a progressive aging disorder so rare that fewer than 250 children in the world had it at the time. Little was known about the disease, and all children with progeria died of heart attack or stroke at an average age of 13. Told there was no treatment or cure, they refused to accept that as the final verdict.

Now normally I'm not such a big fan of documentary's but a couple of times I will find a interesting and enjoyable one time to time, but I don't really watch that much Documentary's. But what really got me interested in Life According to Sam is the fact when Sam Berns sadly passed away in January 2014 and I heard nothing but great and inspiring things from this kid and a Documentary about him made me inserted to know more from Sam and boy dose this Documentary do it well.

I won't lie but this movie or Documentary if you like to call almost brought me into little tears, yeah I know it's not very manly to admit cracking up in a couple of scenes but since I've always got to be honest when it comes to movie I won't lie that this only most brought me into tears.

Sean Fine and Andrea Nix did a excellent job directing this Documentary with much care and effort that made this more effective to me.

For problems I didn't really have any to be honest. And the reason why I'm not going to give it 5/5 start's is because it's great but not on the level of oh my god this is amazing 5/5 star's, but it's still good without a doubt and if you had the chance to watch this then go ahead it may not be a easy watch sometimes but it's still worth checking.
September 23, 2014
This movie will affect you to the core and make you realize the struggles some family's go through daily
August 10, 2014
what a documentary. every parent should see this. highly recommended.
June 4, 2014
A wonderful documentary about Sam and his fight against the rare and bizarre disease progeria.
½ May 10, 2014
Soul destroying, but in a good way
March 24, 2014
Always had a keen interest to the way Progeria works.
February 28, 2014
Sad but in no way made me feel connected to any part of either the problem or the solution. Nor did I have a desire to become part of either.
January 7, 2014
Un documental conmovedor, fresco y hecho con el corazón. En una historia relativamente simple, un torrente de emociones se mezclan con una realidad tan preocupante como la misma progeria. Es una representación amigable acerca de los casos que viven las personas con dicha enfermedad. Este documental invita al espíritu de esperanza y eso es lo que la convierte en un éxito cinematográfico.
December 29, 2013
I almost didn't turn this on because of how sad I thought it would be. It turned out to be inspirational & a reminder to be thankful for your life every single day.
November 16, 2013
Inspiring!!! A must see.
October 23, 2013
An inspirational, educational documentary that moved me in so many ways. Bravo to the filmmakers and family... and happy birthday, Sam! Thank you for sharing your story with me. Your optimism and outlook on life are awe-inspiring.
October 21, 2013
What a great movie and an inspiring story. I work in medicine and sometimes we, as clinicians, have to harden ourselves to the realities of the lives of our patients. After seeing this story and the love of life that Sam has, it's simply not possible to keep up that charade. A truly great and inspiring film. I wish Sam, his family and all the other patients with progeria and their families only the best. Here's hoping for improved treatments and the quick appearance of a cure.
June 23, 2013
If you have forgotten how to dream, see this film. If you have forgoten how to hope, see this film. If you have forgotten hw to love, see this film. If you doubt that one person can change the world for the better, watch this film. Then go out and embrace the world with your eyes, heart and mind wide open.