The Life of David Gale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Life of David Gale Reviews

November 18, 2016
Very good movie that will keep you guessing until the very end! Although it develops at a slow but steady pace it gives you just enough suspense and mystery to stay the course. It tells the story of how easily a person's life can change for the worst. The critics of course can't imagine this happening in real life (maybe not every aspect) but student/teacher relationships, rape allegations that lead to your entire life falling apart before your eyes regardless if the charges are dropped the stigma stays with you forever. The world may not be used to martyrs because we're so selfish but for the message it's worth seeing!!
October 12, 2016
I'm not sure why all the negative critique, but it seems odd to observe a film fighting against death penalty to state in the end its necessity.
June 19, 2016
6/19/2016: A pretty good drama. An excellent cast and an interesting twist in the plot.
½ June 3, 2016
Twists and turns in a Capital Punishment flick. Anti-Capital Punishment Professor frames himself for murder to prove that innocent men can be put on death row, and killed, as a result of a faulty legal system.
March 11, 2016
Wow what a film! A for sure mind boggler.
½ January 24, 2016
Actually was pretty good. A little unrealistic on Winslet's discovery and timeline, though. Too many stupid mistakes.

Interesting end...
January 21, 2016
Wow! The critics were so harsh!! I thought it was a great story!!!
January 19, 2016
A great story of one man's life gone wrong and what he's willing to do to help change the ways in which we view death penalty. Kevin Spacey is brilliant once again. Also, fuck the critics! This is an entertaining movie.
½ November 28, 2015
A surprisingly disappointing film. The writing doesn't quite create a story I could care about. The camera work is fine, but nothing really compelling visually. The acting is solid, but the characters seem just surface deep...I never felt any of the emotions that seem to be pushed for me to feel. The music is overbearing and distracting quite a few times. It's not a bad made film, but it's far from Parker's best capabilities. At times I felt glimmers and reflections of what Parker had on Mississippi Burning, but this is nowhere near as good of a film as that one.
½ November 25, 2015
75%
Saw this on 18/4/15
The life of David Gale benefits from stellar performances from Kevin Spacey, Kate Winslet and Laura Linney, though Spacey could have been used for a bit more than this. It's a thriller with good cinematography and a unique background score. It's plot twists are good and it is not as offensive as the critics say it is, however, it may not be that realistic in all senses. It could have been done away with a better direction so as to have made it more thrilling.
½ November 21, 2015
Not so bad as the reviews. You can give it a chance and try to watch it.
October 18, 2015
The twists and turns in this movie are absolutely perfect!!!
October 9, 2015
This was very neat & well fitted together script that was just 1 or 2 twists too complicated for the average reviewer. Its a wrenching tale of how love & reputation wrongly lost could resolve into a redemption of ultimate sacrificial atonement.
September 14, 2015
Great flick. Didn't see it coming.
½ August 31, 2015
This movie is a disaster. It is so stupid, contrived and unrealistic that I'm surprised the dyed-in-the-wool Liberals associated with its making didn't stop and think, "you know, no one is going to believe this". I've seen preachy Lefty movies before, but this one takes the cake. Furthermore, it's been over 50 years since the wrong person has been executed in the United States. You would have to pay me to watch this again. Actually, I take that back, I will never watch this again. Most of all, Kevin Spacey, you should be ashamed of yourself for being part of such a steaming pile of horse manure.
½ August 18, 2015
Great performance by Kevin Spacey. Enjoyed this movie from beginning to end.
July 24, 2015
Good message in this baffling mystery about a professor who was convicted of murder and sentenced to the death penalty...while a reporter races against time to overturn the ruling....the end is surprising and impactful ! 3 stars
½ June 28, 2015
I'm anti death penalty but even I'd throw the switch on the movie.
June 25, 2015
I really liked this film that I thought was very touching. Great cast did a great acting job, mainly the two leads. But ratings wise, it's another case of critics hating what the audiences love.
½ June 10, 2015
The thrill created by this movie is a bit weak. One second after Bitsey shows how Constance dies, there are no possibilities that the end would be different than the one in the end indeed has.