The Life of David Gale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Life of David Gale Reviews

April 13, 2015
Judging from the crying that Kate was doing, I guess I was supposed to feel some emotion during the big reveals. Sorry. No dice.
½ April 11, 2015
Ultimately, ‚??The Life of David Gale‚?? manages to offend the same people it seeks to defend with ridiculous and nonsensical endings.
April 8, 2015
Best movie ever and totally underrated. Expect to be thrown for a loop several times throughout the film.
½ April 4, 2015
Ok. Twist was extremely obvious very early on
March 19, 2015
Its tight screenplay and well-acted leads plus an intriguingly paced mystery should make for one triumph of a movie but The Life of David Gale is completely undone by its misguided overbearing message and its equally pretentious, illogical twist ending. And unfortunately those are two VERY key components.
½ January 24, 2015
Professor David Gale (Kevin Spacey) is four days away from being sentenced to death. He asks for reporter for the first interview and so he can tell his final story and prove his innocence. Life of David Gale is full of suspense, mystery and drama and I found this to be a gripping and original story. Not sure how why critics hated this film, but this film is way better than most court and crime dramas.
January 17, 2015
A thriller I truly enjoyed. Superb cast and acting. I was enthralled and do not understand the critics lambasting this movie as I believe 75-80% of all movies made are worse. Just saying'. By the way, notice how the audiences generally liked it --- an 81% rating by all.
January 13, 2015
I'm old and my daughter is young (college age). We both enjoyed it. That is rare.
½ December 30, 2014
Even though critics panned this film for being unsuccessful in sending a message about capital punishment I still feel that it did an okay job. Even though David Gale played by Kevin Spacey set himself up doesn't mean there isn't holes in capital punishment. The fact is that the court system proved that he murdered the character played by Laura Linney but I'm reality he did not. It shows that The courts can be mislead. This film invites viewers to think what is right and and who is wrong.
December 12, 2014
19% critic rating ? that's absurd. This is a great movie would recommend it to anyone
November 9, 2014
The film was working towards being a sound mockery of proponents of capital punishment until the very end where it was revealed that David Gale was in on the whole thing and was prepared to undergo execution in a suicide-by-cop type affair. The goal of proving that innocents can be executed in an imperfect world suddenly became leaky; the suspect here has been convicted not because of an imperfect system but because the suspect himself helped implicate his own guilt. That isn't necessarily a flaw in the plot itself but it did undermine the general anti-death penalty vibe and it, nevertheless, helped to compound the plot twist without being over-indulgent.
½ November 7, 2014
this movie is so underrated, the setting is great, even though it has a lot of clichťs, but hey how many movies have them!
½ October 25, 2014
This was a great thriller with some outstanding performances, it was thrilling and interesting. I would've given it four stars but ill give it 4.5 because the twist at the end was amazing.
½ October 15, 2014
An overly-long, tedious, and rather poorly made effort by the otherwise great Alan Parker. The movie beats you over the head with theories on the death penalty, none of which are particularly interesting or delivered with the slightest conviction. The ending, which seems to the subject of much scrutiny, is cheap and telegraphed.
September 22, 2014
This movie was just plain good. Thought provoking, the story hits issues of loss, heartbreak, divorce, death, betrayal and waited keeps you thinking. Superb acting with great storytelling made this movie worth my time
September 14, 2014
Kevin Spacey always makes for a good time. Not quite in the Momento or a Fight Club class of thinker film, but it was good.
September 6, 2014
Avoid this film! Almost 1h50m of boring crap 'till the profound "mind-blowing" conclusion.
August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - January 2010)
½ July 27, 2014
it was an "eeeww" movie
July 18, 2014
veramente un film interessante che tratta un argomento molto complesso da un punto di vista nuovo