Reviews

• Oct 04, 2021

Interesting take on an alien energy vampire movie by Tobe Hooper. This movie gets progressively wackier and wackier until the climax. Props to Tobe Hooper for making an interesting and fun movie. (foreverfinalgirl.com/lifeforce/)

• Sep 10, 2021

LIFEFORCE is the best kind of bad bad@$$ movie out there. Nudity and special FX are around every corner in this crazy prosaic ride. I did like the use of exposition. Characters just shouting out their thoughts, feelings and to explain what's going on is usually annoying to tiresome but this movie works it into the story as a matter of self-awareness, self-reflection and self-control, making it appear fearless.

• Sep 04, 2021

May makes me happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May makes me happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Aug 14, 2021

An awesome British Movie about finding a spaceship in Halley's Comet!!!!

An awesome British Movie about finding a spaceship in Halley's Comet!!!!

• Jun 12, 2021

It might have been good when it came out and had a semi clever idea but was not well executed. The special effects haven't aged well, the plot is a little illogical and it has a lot of clichies even for the time it was released.

• May 13, 2021

Don't judge a book by it's cover/Don't be so superficial/don't be blinded by beauty. In several ways this movie is the opposite of the Twilight Series. If you don't Think about the message or lessons, and only Feel feelings, Twilight is more enjoyable. But the message and lesson of Twilight is that a young girl's feelings, and wholly superficial attraction to a boy are a magical source of what's right; whereas in Lifeforce the lesson is to look beyond physical attraction, before you regret not doing so!

• Apr 29, 2021

I first saw Lifeforce when it aired on television in the late 80s and for the time, It was a strange viewing experience as I recall and it was a few years later when I revisited the film that I fully learned to appreciate its strangeness and learned to love the film. When I first saw the film I was stunned that its main villain (brilliantly played by French actor Mathilda May) was pretty much fully naked all the way through the film. For a film in the 80s (and even now I guess) that was an unusual wardrobe choice and of course distracted a little from the plot at the time. But rewatching the film now in a stunning 4K restoration and watching the film as a grown up. I watched the film for the plot and the performances and it is indeed a sci fi cult film and is definitely worth checking out.

• Mark B Super Reviewer
    Apr 13, 2021

"In an interview, director Tobe Hooper discussed how Cannon Films gave him $25 million, free rein, and Colin Wilson's book The Space Vampires. Hooper then shares how giddy he was: 'I thought I'd go back to my roots and make a 70 mm Hammer film.'" Assuming you know the styles of Tobe Hooper and Hammer, let your imagination run wild with that statement and you will pretty much get the gist of the premise and vibe of Lifeforce. They honestly should've stuck with the cheesy title -- "The Space Vampires" -- the Hammer-like campiness is more enjoyable knowing what you are really in for. And think about that budget -- that's $65 million when adjusted for inflation! I only watched this once on VHS in the 80's and remember not liking it much. This round, I found a lot more things to enjoy but ultimately still struggled which is a bummer. The opening scene where the space shuttle mission finds a 150 mile long ship hiding in the tail of the Haley's Comet is pretty damn cool, especially when it opens its artichoke-like petals. I would've loved if they just stayed in space and called this Rendezvous with Romania or something like it. The acting and the story are just horrible. Even Patrick Stewart couldn't salvage this. The look of the humans "drained" of lifeforce remind me of how much I need to re-watch Return of the Living Dead (1985) again, and it's another reminder of how uneven Tobe Hooper's work is.

• Oct 31, 2020

Incredibly over the top twist on the vampire genre about space vampires that can absorb your soul. The film starts off strong but by the third act it starts to get a little ridiculous and silly and the plot gets completely thrown out the window but still manages to be entertaining with some cool practical effects.

Alec B Super Reviewer
    Sep 12, 2020

Yes its quite silly but that's clearly intentional. Hooper made a big budget Hammer Horror movie and you can either engage with it on that level or not.