Lifeforce Reviews

• Jun 30, 2020

Slammed upon its release, this vampire/sci-fi tale has some good effects for its time. Sometimes haphazard, the story actually moves along at a fairly good pace. The book (The Space Vampires) was better in detail, but the film has Mathilda May nude and Patrick Stewart not nude, so there's that.

• Jun 20, 2020

it has aged, but the first part is really good

it has aged, but the first part is really good

• Jun 12, 2020

Better than I thought it would be, funny in places it's not supposed to be funny, campy and corny, but with a real element of tension, and sweeping in it's scope. I suspect this movie influenced a number of other films, or maybe it was the other way around. Meh, it passed the time, and I'll turn off bad movies in a heart beat.

• May 13, 2020

It's dated, long and takes itself way too seriously, but I can't deny the entertaining concept and campy fun that puts this above a lot other B movies

• Apr 28, 2020

Strangely interesting and a bit convoluted. Something there sci-fi that could have been a lot better. Mathilda May is a beauty to behold and pre Star Trek Patrick Stewart was a hoot though.

• Feb 14, 2020

A remake is required, and maybe a prequel or seasons. please!

A remake is required, and maybe a prequel or seasons. please!

• Oct 26, 2019

Seminal science fiction adventure

Seminal science fiction adventure

• Oct 26, 2019

Boobs, space vampires, and Patrick Stewart.

Boobs, space vampires, and Patrick Stewart.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Aug 20, 2019

An astronaut (Steve Railsback) struggles with love withdrawals after a space vampire makes him its bitch. And now it wants to take over the Earth, too. Dan O'Bannon and Don Jakoby, the writers, keep things interesting even if characters and situations do not perform as they should all the time. A big suspension of disbelief is required here, but nonetheless a decent sci-fi outing.

• Jul 07, 2019

A classic of mind-F**K sci-fi horror. Ignore the mid 80s SFX and dig the original ideas.