Reviews

• Jul 26, 2013

A true piece of crap. There were one or two themes that I thought were promising and hence I watched it through to the end. I regret that. A lot. So many problems with this movie that could have been fixed by having a semi-literate writer talk to someone with 1/2 a brain. The worst part is they left the ending open as if they were going to get a sequel out of it. I think the R rating was due to the extreme vulgar language expected from the audience.

• Apr 30, 2012

If you can forgive some of the stereotypical characters and so-so special effects, there is actually a pretty good story here. Not terribly deep, but thought provoking. Worth a watch.

• Apr 21, 2012

I'm not normally one to judge actors on their physical appearence, but damn, for a movie with only one woman in it, they managed to pick one with the sex appeal of Gollum and the attitude of a buzz-killing killjoy whose husband left her for their poolboy. And the movie's characters make one logic leap after another. Every single conjecture made ends up being right, even when there is zero evidence to base them on. Example: after seeing a trashed computer, Madam Buzkill remarks, "[the alien] must have 100% race memory." (Meaning it inherits its parents' knowledge and experiences from birth.) How a dismantled computer leads her to this conclusion is anyone's guess, but lo and behold, her guess was spot-on.

• Feb 23, 2012

A decent movie with a terrible ending. So save yourself from the end if you can. Mysteriously, a lost Viking probe comes back to Earth and lands in the desert. The space probe is immediately take to a nearby military complex where two scientist proceed to its study before the military arrives. It seems that the probe actually came back from Mars, but, who is sending it? The story starts acceptably good. The cast is small but fairly efficient and the characters, both the scientists and the soldiers, are fairly realistic and likable. The movie, despite some little flaws and mistakes, has an intelligent script and is moderately entertaining. Near the end, with a bunch of interesting questions open, the movie finishes. Just like that. Producers run out of budget and secondary character, a nobody in the movie, tries to explain what happened, while some found footage is played, awful. This is my little contribution. There is a good review in the Unknown Movies page (that I have nothing to do with), in the following link: http://www.badmovieplanet.com/unknownmovies/reviews/rev120.html

• Nov 05, 2011

In my opinion nice sci-fi movie considering it was made in 1996. Liked ending since rarely in movies it occurs. Well worth 1:30 of my time.

• Feb 26, 2008

not a bad movie at all (to my surprise). the alien lifeform was decent looking and gave some flare to the film. cool death scenes and some gore to touch it up made this sci-fi b-movie worth watching.

• Aug 31, 2007

[center][font=Times New Roman][size=5][color=#000000][b]Lifeform[/b][/color][/size][/font][/center] [center][font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][i][b]"...[/b][font=Times New Roman][size=2]despite numerous disappointments, I didn’t really mind watching the film."[/size][/font][/i][/color][/font][/center] [center][i][font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][/color][/font][/i] [/center] [center] [/center] [center][/center] [center][font=Times New Roman][size=2][color=#000000][i][font=Times New Roman][/font][/i][/color][/size][/font][/center] [center][font=Times New Roman][size=2][color=#000000][i][font=Times New Roman][img]http://ia.ec.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/13/67/84m.gif[/img][/font][/i][/color][/size][/font][/center] [center][font=Times New Roman][size=2][color=#000000][i][font=Times New Roman][/font][/i][/color][/size][/font][/center] [font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]As the opening credits appeared on the screen, I almost immediately knew I was in for a Sci-Fi B-movie. To be completely honest, I only watched [i]Lifeform[/i] (but sometimes referred to as [i]Invader[/i]) because Ryan Phillippe was in it, believing that might be the sign of a credible movie. I watched the film without reading any reviews or summaries, knowing when it was made, or seeing any footage or pictures from it. But I didn’t really mind. And in the end, despite numerous disappointments, I didn’t really mind watching the film.[/color][/size][/font] [size=3][color=#000000][font=Times New Roman]I have never seen [i]Alien[/i], but judging from some information I looked up after watching [i]Lifeform[/i], the plot and several scenes are very similar. In [i]Lifeform[/i], the [i]Viking[/i] space capsule returns from Mars to land on Earth – an impossible event. It is soon discovered that extraterrestrial life must have sent [i]Viking[/i] back, which leaves the question, why? And why would the aliens steal gunpowder and other utilities? What is their agenda and why are they so smart? The best scenes in the movie are those in which the characters are talking about these questions and debating their possible answers. The script is smart, and I enjoyed watching two characters talk on screen more than I did soldiers fighting the aliens.[/font][/color][/size] [size=3][color=#000000][font=Times New Roman]The alien itself exceeded my expectations, brilliantly designed and a new, advanced look to the theory of extraterrestrial life. The special effects are pretty terrible. It is a B-movie after all, but it’s hard to take it seriously when a plot changing event unfolds, only to welcome an effect that reminds us how fake this movie is. Thankfully, the action sequences are few, which should not be the case in a science fiction film. [/font][/color][/size] [size=3][color=#000000][font=Times New Roman]The best scene of the movie is actually touching, another surprise coming from a movie almost devoid of emotion. It is the only scene that the alien has the screen all to itself. Perhaps the film needed more of them and less revolving around supporting characters (including an unnecessary subplot about a wounded soldier). The acting brought some life to the characters, but I don’t remember any of their names (besides the young Ryan Phillippe, whose name was Ryan).[/font][/color][/size] [size=3][color=#000000][font=Times New Roman]I have heard people complain about the ending, and indeed, I was a bit taken aback at it. The film was not predictable, and just when I thought something would happen, the reverse would occur and my thoughts would swirl briefly. The ending was disappointing (and I encourage you to read why the producers had to end the film like this), but honestly, I did not care much. And because I did not care for the characters or outcome, the film is not anything special. But it’s not to be tossed away to be forgotten. Remember, I did not [i]mind[/i] watching it, I just didn’t [i]care[/i]. [b]C-[/b][/font][/color][/size]

• Jan 20, 2007

It was slow and boring, and the ending was pretty pathetic.

It was slow and boring, and the ending was pretty pathetic.