Like Dandelion Dust - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Like Dandelion Dust Reviews

August 19, 2016
An alcoholic abuser gets sent to prison. His girl is waiting for him seven years later, still very able to forgive. Now the guy want's a kid - he's rehabilitated and all. When she tell's him that she was pregnant when he was put behind bars but decided to give the kid away the game is on. He will get his boy back. This sound pretty hard to do, but after some paper signing stuff and other papers not signed and biological father rights and everything this is doable.

Now for another part of the country. Joey is living his young life in a mantion with his wealthy parents. When he's not out in the yacht he is being spolied. He is very happy and his parents are doing a great job parenting. Money helps, I guess, but they give him plenty of true love and healthy inputs. Anyhow, they do not want to give him away to a life surrounded by poverty and earlier abuse. This is a sticky mess. A kid war.

Four solid performances, very realisic - it nearly feels as a docudrama. Well balanced ace story-telling, strong, debatable and thrilling. I feared that the very Christian director (as I have read) could kill it, but the small amount of Christianity and "preaching God's way" is not making it weaker.

A hard hitting and very solid drama. A class act tear-jerker with very few flaws. One or two of them may be the rather thin (or maybe simple) story and few unpredictable turns.

8.5 out of 10 showers.
½ April 3, 2016
Heartbreaking. I can't imagine being in the position of either woman.
November 7, 2015
I loved this movie !!!
October 19, 2014
One of those few movies that manage to bring a gulp in your throat without crossing the line into being melodramatic...
½ September 8, 2014
fresh performances, and a riveting storyline that twists and turns, ending up where you would never have thought... Excellent!!
½ June 30, 2014
Nice performances all around tend to lift this depressing story of a child caught between his biological parents whom he's never met and his adoptive parents he is extremely happy with. I don't think the law is as cut and dried as this movie makes it seem. I believe this would have been in court for years. Tear-inducing for the ladies.
April 12, 2014
this movie is sooo good. had me in tears!
½ December 11, 2013
I loved the book that this movie is based on. I thought it was a little better than the movie. Sometimes I felt the movie was just kind of slow.... But overall they did a great job with it!
May 9, 2013
The film is quiet predictable, but we cannot deny how good the performances were, The child sometimes overacted(remember that moment when he had to cry his heart out) in the end it is well-known story but the performaces make the film better.
½ April 3, 2013
Have read this book and anticipate a movie that engages my heart and soul.
March 24, 2013
Amazing. Year jerker, but an amazing story of redemption. Very pleased to see a Karen Kingsbury novel as such a great motion picture.
½ March 11, 2013
"LIKE DANDELION DUST" is an emotive family drama that could have easily been renamed "The Underrated Actor's Club." Barry Pepper, Mira Sorvino, and the equally strong Cole Hauser are all phenomenal here, and display full well why it's a crime they aren't bigger names in the business. Pepper and Sorvino (provided with the more showy roles) are particularly award worthy; it's just a shame the film itself flew so far under the radar. This isn't a movie to see because of it's filmmaking or any other technical merit; it's one to see for it's faultless ensemble and it's simple story that hits home. Sure to go down lost in the anals of cinema, "Like Dandelion Dust" nevertheless deserves to find an audience.
February 25, 2013
A potent meditation on family, adoption, and redemption. Well acted and sensitive.
February 22, 2013
this is a very powerful must see movie!!!
½ January 25, 2013
Like Dandelion Dust is a well-acted, earnest film about adoptive parents' worst nightmare, dealing sympathetically with all parties in a lose-lose situation. The performances are great & it's a well made film! I say SEE IT!!!
November 7, 2012
This movie is a hearbreaker I will bawl my eyes out when I see this.
August 20, 2012
Surprisingly, I think this movie is one of my new favorite movies. I wasn't expecting that it was going to be as good as it was. I've never even heard of it until I was going through the Redbox one night. I have had my children ripped away from me without so much as an investigation by DCFS...and against the advice of 2 of the best investigators in my town, who actually had done an investigation. They said it would detrimental that the kids are to stay with their mother...But they made me surrender my kids to them anyways. I got them back 5 long months later, thank God. It was because my ex husbands girlfriend felt so threatened by me that she felt the need to rip my family apart. It's because of that experience, that I knew what it meant to have to explain to your children why they have to go away without you. The look on that little boys face...confused, scared, and heartbroken. I bawled harder than I have with any other movie. This truely was a BEAUTIFUL movie. Make sure you have a box of tissues with you though.
½ July 29, 2012
Very moving drama about the battle of a young boys natural and adopted parents who raised him from an early age.
July 26, 2012
Very hard to watch due to being quite emotional