Like Minds (Murderous Intent) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Like Minds (Murderous Intent) Reviews

June 25, 2011
Tense psychological thriller with a implausible plot and few too many pop culture references
April 25, 2011
Enjoyed it mostly, just thought it could do with a bit at the end where everything is explained for thick people like me.
February 10, 2011
Creepy story but great performances.
February 2, 2011
A little slow moving but still a thriller. Recommend.
½ January 24, 2011
Good, particularly the two leads, but I found the ending predictable.
December 16, 2010
A great movie with a very well written, and complex storyline. I highly recommend this film.
October 18, 2010
Pretty good, but still not sure what the end meant.
October 13, 2010
A UK-Australia co-production, about a psychologist (Toni Collette) trying to figure out whether or not a young man is guilty of murder. It stars Eddie Redmayne and Tom Sturridge - which I'll admit is what made me want to see it. I love them both. Especially Redmayne. He's so interesting. And creepy... but in a good way. That's how I'd describe this movie too actually. Interesting. Creepy... but in a good way.

Both Alex (Redmayne) and Nigel (Sturridge) are creepy as hell. Nigel is obsessed with death, and sits around dissecting animals for no particular reason. He also seems to know things about Alex that he couldn't possibly know. And Alex... well Alex may or may not be a murderer. They're really interesting characters, and I think that's why "Like Minds" itself is so interesting. The direction was great too. Some really spooky shots of the boys' school and such.

I never really bought the Toni Collette character though. She isn't great in this. She's okay, but not great. Her accent DOES stick more than Richard Roxburgh's. Eddie Redmayne... is seriously brilliant. He should get way more major roles than he does. "Like Minds" really is closer to horror than thriller and it creeped me out something chronic. I never thought Tom Sturridge would scare me, but he does in this. "Like Minds" is really quite dark and twisted, especially in the second half of the movie. In this case that's a good thing though. This movie was completely not what I expected. Taking a look at the basic premise, you'd think "Like Minds" would be some kind of legal drama or your average thriller - but you'd be wrong.
xxdebxx
½ September 30, 2010
Alex (Eddie Redmayne), a seventeen-year-old student at an elite English boarding school, is accused of shooting a fellow student, Nigel (Tom Sturridge). The arresting officer Martin (Richard Roxburgh) believes Alex is a psychopath and engages a forensic psychologist (Toni Collette) to determine the student's culpability in the hopes of getting a confession from him but she soon finds herself embroiled in a bizarre plot that involves an ancient and powerful secret society known as the ?Templar Knights? and we realize that there is more to Nigel's death than the gunshot incident.
July 29, 2010
very captivating, keeps you wondering whats going to happen next. amazing acting by Eddie and Tom, as well as Toni Collette.
½ July 25, 2010
More of a TV drama than a feature film, this thriller/horror was too contrived for its own good. Even the makers of Lewis would baulk at the preposterousness of the 'descendant of the Knights Templar' storyline at the film's heart. Only Toni Collette makes it to the conclusion with her reputation intact.
½ July 24, 2010
Top notch cast, tons of atmosphere and some terrific cinematography - but a plot that fails to make much sense. Collette, Redmayne and ensemble attempt to make us care about the characters but the script accomplishes the opposite.
July 24, 2010
One word to describe this film would be 'disturbing'. This film was dark, suspensful and dramatic with a very sinister tone.
July 1, 2010
Tom was creepy and sexy in the same time and I obviously have a big problem, because I pretty much like him like that.
The frog (Eddie Redmayne) was...well, frog.
½ June 28, 2010
This outstanding film really belongs to Eddie Redmayne and Tom Sturridge. Veteran actor Collettte is great, but Redmayne is incredible given his limited experience at the time.
½ June 18, 2010
Interesting, great acting and cinematography, but I found it a bit confusing, honestly. I love the darkness, the twisted qualities, but that does not detract that I was confused. Good, but still confusing.
½ June 10, 2010
Murderous Intent (Like Minds) follows the story of a young man who is being accused of several grizzly murders. However, according to his story the murders were committed by a boy at his school who has dark hobbies, but is also now dead. I found the story very thrilling. Good acting all around and a good plot kept the movie going. I did not find it lagged at all, and it deserves a better rating. If you have the time to watch it I would see it. It is the kind of movie that sticks with you, keeps you thinking, and you die for someone to talk about the movie with.
½ May 22, 2010
Una pelicula extra├▒a tipo taking lives, buena trama un poco predecible al final pero me gusto la trama, toni collette extraordinaria, richard roxburgh excelente. Recomendable si no eres palomero.
May 13, 2010
i love psycological movies alot
April 20, 2010
I was almost willing to believe him...... but did have that nagging doubt. Awesome performance by Eddie Redmayne and bonus points- Tom Sturridge is so broodingly handsome :)