Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch Reviews

• Mar 13, 2021

Disney's greatest sequel ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disney's greatest sequel ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Oct 26, 2020

This is Disney at it's best. Honestly "Lilo & Stitch" tells the touching story of a lonely little Hawaiian girl, named Lilo, who meets and befriends Stitch, an escaped refugee alien who poses as a dog at the pound. I wasn't expecting much when it first came out, not being to interested in it. Well, after seeing it at the theater, I can now say it is Disney's best film. Ever. It's better than classics like "Beauty and the Beast" and "The Little Mermaid," both of which I adore. Many will not feel the same way as I do but I thought "Lilo & Stitch" was one of Disney's most inventive and involving scripts with fleshed-out and well-written characters. We are set in Hawaii, a tropical background that gives the movie a great feel. Setting it in Kansas, as originally planned, would not have had the same effect. The animation is simply beautiful, with pink fluffy clouds and wonderfully drawn characters. However, it's the story that "Lilo & Stitch" tells, along with many other great elements, that makes this film so outstanding. Not only is the film very funny (in fact, it's hilarious!) with pure moments of comic genius that can appeal to older audiences as well as kids, it's one of the most touching films I have ever seen. The whole middle of the movie is one that gives us spectacular scenes in a row that move me to tears each time. ***SKIP THIS NEXT PARAGRAPH, TO AVOID MILD SPOILERS*** I don't wanna say too much, but Nani's fight for custody of Lilo, tossed in with Stitch's touching character arc and search for the one place he does belong, and Lilo's loneliness, and a broken family, and cherished and beloved friendship with Stitch make this movie a surprisingly heartwarming and touching feature. One of the film's strengths is that it can be, at times, so sad. ***END SPOILERS*** The direction is solid, as is the animation. The water, and backdrop of Hawaii is desirable. The characters are developed, unlike most Disney classics, and lovable. You can identify with these characters and feel for them, and yes, Stitch does qualify in that category. His battered emotions, as well as the also adorable Lilo, are part of what makes this film so moving. This is an original, funny, and extremely heartwarming film that I highly recommend to families. "Lilo & Stitch" was wonderful characters that I instantly fell in love with. More captivating than previous, sub-par Disney releases such as "Hercules," "Hunchback of Notre Dame," or "Tarzan," this movie makes me laugh, cry, and moves me immensely. While it didn't break any new ground or anything, it thankfully returned audiences back to Disney's roots in terms of quality.

• Sep 09, 2020

The animation has the same quality has the first one, but the plot was bland!

The animation has the same quality has the first one, but the plot was bland!

• Aug 08, 2020

how do y'all not like this movie I cried my eyes out when I first saw this movie and I still of it so you guys are wrong if you rated one star or even less than 4. sure everyone is entitled to their own opinion but if you rated less than four then you're just wrong.

• Jul 20, 2020

Definitively better than 'Stitch! The Movie', though 'Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch' is still a pretty disappointing sequel. The premise is uneven, everything involving Stitch and his glitch is actually quite good. However, they drag that out in order to add some stuff with Nani/David and Lilo herself, all of which isn't at all interesting; though there is, at least, a bit of heart in the way Lilo's storyline ends. Speaking of Lilo, Dakota Fanning replaces Daveigh Chase in the role. Fanning is solid if a little more wooden, Chase's voice feels more natural. Chris Sanders gives an amusing performance as Stitch, while none of the others stand out all that much. Still way inferior to 2002's 'Lilo & Stitch', but thankfully it doesn't turn into pure toilet viewing like many other straight-to-video sequels from this studio.

• Mar 31, 2020

It was okay but the first is preferable in pretty much every way

It was okay but the first is preferable in pretty much every way

• Feb 15, 2020

Just as loveable and memorable as the first film in the series.

Just as loveable and memorable as the first film in the series.

• Aug 01, 2019

While it has gorgeous animation on par with the first film and does feel like a genuine continuation of the first film, Lilo & Stitch 2 pales in comparison to the first film owing to slightly more uneven voice acting (sorry, Dakota Fanning), padding that's even more pointless given the film's rather short runtime, a lack of passion compared to the first film as well as a cheap cop-out in the end. Yes, it's Disney, so the "like you would really do it" trope is a foregone conclusion, especially if it's an animated film but it felt like the movie cheated to give the protagonists a happy ending. I haven't watched a lot of Disney DTV films but I'm sure the likes of Kronk's New Groove and Mulan II, which I have no interest in watching, are far worse.

• Jul 25, 2019

Although, it's not as good as the first installment, this sequel was still entertaining.

• Jun 29, 2019