Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice Reviews

• Feb 26, 2020

I bawled throughout this entire movie. There's something about Linda Ronstadt that cuts right into my soul and stays there

• Feb 02, 2020

In general hubby and wife are not fans of these puff music documentaries, and while hubby could take or leave 'Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of my Voice', wife rather enjoyed it. Hubby: It's a nostalgic trip down memory lane and undoubtedly there's some really good music, but there's nothing of substance. It's surface and feels like an E True Hollywood story with only positivity. The doc almost entirely glosses over the last 15-20 years of her life with little explanation. Once we find out why she's disappeared from public life, I wanted to know a lot more about her thoughts and feelings and we just don't get that. Also the current Ronstadt is used as a narrator, but she's barely on camera. Do yourself a favor and go listen to some of her music and read her Wikipedia page and you get about the same content. The doc also branches off to explain how Ronstadt brought other artists together which is welcome, but it spends too much time going off subject which makes the titular individual seem less relevant than necessary. Wife: I didn't mind the reminiscing, however it was just a musical review of a wonderful career. Nothing profound, but nothing lost. Wife: 7.6/Hubby: 6.4 Average Final Score: 7.0/10

• Jan 18, 2020

Wow.....what a voice.

Wow.....what a voice.

• Jan 12, 2020

Interesting documentary. Where did Linda Ronstadt come from and what did she do?

• Jan 05, 2020

It's about the woman and her music. The sole focus is Linda and her stunning voice. It's close to perfect.

• Jan 04, 2020

If you loved the hits of Linda Ronstadt, you will love finding out even more about the interesting relationships with other musicians and the many genres of music she conquered. Amazingly young, strong spirit that emanates like no other with a voice unmatched by but a few others in American music history. Well worth the watch.

• Jan 04, 2020

You will get to see her early years where she sings Spanish songs with her family and friends, her folk days, and her reign as the "Rock Queen" in the 70's and early 80's. This film has interviews from colleagues, recordings of her performances, and some current footage of her singing although it is very strained because of her condition. She was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 2012, and recently revealed that to the world. We are happy that she is alive today and was able to contribute to this film.

not interested in watching

not interested in watching

• Jan 04, 2020

Everyone interviewed was clearly in love with her. How could you not be ?

Everyone interviewed was clearly in love with her. How could you not be ?

• Jan 03, 2020

So well done! Absolutely remarkable life and to hear more details about her journey was just fantastic! So sad to have to stop singing so early in life. The incomparable Linda may have faded from the spotlight but her light shines brightly forever!