Listen to Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Listen to Me Reviews

September 20, 2015
Admittedly, I only watched this one because I was wanting to see Amanda Peterson in some of her roles other than cbml.
The first thing is, she's barely in it - definitely more of a supporting role. The second thing, the premise for the movie is not that thrilling. A high school debate team debating abortion. Oh, and staring Kirk Cameron, who these days is a creepy as hell, and sorry, I can't take him seriously at all as an actor. (Which is maybe unfair, but that's how I feel).
It's not a bad movie. I did watch it all the way through. But once was enough, and if you're interested in Amanda's other roles, I would recommend Fatal Charm over this one. (both are currently on You Tube and seem to be unavailable here on DVD). It's a more exciting movie and she is the lead character.
½ May 5, 2014
This is a classic movie with great acting by Gertz, Cameron, Peterson, and Scheider.
March 28, 2014
I LOVE this movie!!!
July 22, 2012
Was a fun movie to watch with some good performances from the leads
September 6, 2011
A dramatic look at abortion through the eyes of a group of college debaters. While the story tends to drag in some spots of the film, the overall tone of the picture will leave you something to think about. A 80's cult film that is a must see. Caution- the subject matter is a very much 'debated' topic and maybe to intense for younger viewers, so discretion is advised!!!!!
January 9, 2010
I just passed by HBO chnl and saw this movie. It is worth watching if you're interested in debates, finding something to motivate you to achieve your worn-out dreams and finding love amidst pressure in college life.
May 27, 2009
A touching story about love and friendship
April 28, 2009
I can only give this movie three stars, because it has profanity, and sexual content in iit. Plus, it's not a family movie, since it tackles the abortion issue, but it's a great film and a must see.
January 9, 2009
I really love this movie. Saw it in the theater when it first came out and have watched it about million times since. Wish I could find it on DVD.

Great movie debating abortion that shows both sides of the subject. Gotta' love Kirk Cameron and the slew of other 80s teen stars in this movie. Not sure exactly what it is about this movie that I love, but it's my favorite movie of all time. Not necessarily the best, but my favorite. All of the main actors do a good job of portraying real, believeable characters in a believeable story. Not too much cursing or sex which is nice when that's all you see in moves these days.
November 10, 2008
They made me watch this in school. It was torture.
September 14, 2008
might be good, even though it's old, because Kirk Cameron's in it, and he's a good actor.
½ May 14, 2008
This is in my top 10 most memorable movies.
April 16, 2008
One of my all time favorite shows, love it!!! love Kirk Cameron!!
February 16, 2008
Corny but fun artifact of the 80's. Worth watching, if only for a scene set to "Forever Young" while driving in a sports car.
February 5, 2008
This movie is both inspiring and telling of the extreme pressures' whilst studying / working. I believe people take something different from each movie they watch, indeed this movie is inspiring and one of my favorites. As the title says Listen to me and whilst you listen you'll learn some important life lessons.
November 8, 2007
i reallly enjoyed it and am looking for it everywhere .....
½ November 1, 2007
It is SUPER CHEESY, but I can't help it. So few debate movies out there : ( Other than documentaries I mean.
October 15, 2007
wow. thank you 3rd period speech. it wreaks of the 80s. some classy mullets though
September 22, 2007
this is my absolute fav. movie.
watch it.
but it also may be cause i love kirk cameron, but i dont know.
its good
September 12, 2007
Seen it - gives you a whole new perspective on life's challenges