Little Dorrit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Little Dorrit Reviews

October 12, 2015
A very good miniseries, I wish it had gone on longer. A bit of suspense, intrigue & romance. What more could you need?
½ April 17, 2015
Wonderful story, wonderful cast, a fine viewing experience.
½ July 11, 2014
Pretty good series..... Why must Matthew Macfadyen always plays such perfect/dreamy men? It's not fair!
December 4, 2013
I absolutely love this series. Everything about it is amazing.
January 3, 2013
Clever direction, good production values, and a plethora of hammy British actors lift the otherwise slavish screenplay which takes no opportunities to smooth over the unevenness of the novel. Still, worth it for the good moments, particularly the portrayal of the title character by Claire Foy.
September 22, 2012
No critics reviewed this which is crazy. Embarrassing to watch it back to back on the same day - not a bit. Completely brilliant in so many ways. My MacFadyen obsession is well know so I won't dwell. Russell Tovey fans need to see this.
½ December 26, 2011
skip this see the 1988 version
½ September 6, 2011
A little too dark - and too long - for me, but I suppose that's the nature of Dickens anyway. Some really excellent performances, and by the end I had to admit I had really gotten into it.
July 19, 2011
A great re-make, love Matthew Macfayden.
June 1, 2011
Made me laugh and cry-Foy and MacFadyen were great.
½ March 31, 2011
If you love period dramas, then this is one of the best ones to come out in recent years.
March 5, 2011
My favourite Dickens from tv.
March 5, 2011
Better than Bleak House, and that says a lot!
½ January 27, 2011
Great acting, great story, Charles Dickens is a great author and it shows in this miniseries. Kept my attention the whole way through
January 15, 2011
I watched this entire mini-series in one sitting. It's that good!
January 3, 2011
A 12 part drama set in baout the Dorrit family who live in Marshalsea Prison for Debt, where Amy Dorrit cares for her father William and her vain and selfish brother nad sister are never far away causing trouble.
They go through many troubles and triumphs, and through Little Dorrit meets all sorts of characters. theres romance and drama and great insight in the era
December 23, 2010
This is a great BBC mini-series; though most of their mini-series are really good. The story has so many characters and smaller plots going on that one really must pay attention to everything. The casting was also brilliant. Matthew MacFadyen and Claire Foy gave their characters such life and had so many subtleties. Andy Serkis, who played Rigaud was also amazing, you had your eyes on him in every scene he was in. The only issue that I had with this series was the ending, it was far too rushed and didn't do enough to tie up all the loose ends. I'm not sure if this was because of the story adaptation or how it is in the book, so I'll have to read Dickens' novel to find out.
½ October 7, 2010
I don't know how this compares to the book, but this series is engaging and has a touch of mystery to it that keeps you eagerly watching to see how all the varied parties are interconnected in the end. Wonderful acting as well. A worthy period drama.
½ August 16, 2010
Very entertaining. Fun to jump into this series and see Matthew MacFadyen in this role. Serkis is remarkable. In some ways, the whole story kind of reminded me of the Bleak House series. The last episode was a tad choppy and I had to resort to wikipedia to better understand the plot twist.
June 14, 2010
Chivery steals the show in his final scene announcing whom little Dorrit loves. He should have gotten the girl. Exquisitely done.