Little Ashes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Little Ashes Reviews

½ December 16, 2015
A disappointing effort that doesn't develop well the personalities of its three main characters and is unable to make us see what Lorca could possibly find so attractive in Pattinson's DalÝ. Besides, it suffers from irregular performances and some cheesy, embarrassing moments.
August 20, 2015
Rpattz as Salvador Dali, and kissing boys. Hee.
½ July 6, 2015
Tragically uninspiring. Saddest part is post-Franco Spain co-produced it. Like why?
July 22, 2014
It had some memorable quotes - but I can't say the script was well done. I generally liked it, though I can't say it was outstanding in any way. I didn't like Lorca that much, though that may be because he kept sticking this tongue down my rob's throat LOL! I also think that the chemistry between Lorca and Dali was non-existent and in all their "intimate" scenes rob looked (and probably felt) like he was being raped. I also think that the poem reading, where it was in Spanish and had an English voice-over at the same time, was tacky and unnecessary, and took the attention away from the content of the poems. I didn't mind the accents so much, despite most critics hating it. I thought the accents helped establish the setting and gave a foreign air to the film. I also liked Bunuel's character, and OBVIOUSLY dali. More than anything else, I liked the artistic and revolutionary lifestyle portrayed in this film, and found it very inspiring. I think overall, for a film of it's magnitude, little ashes was very respectable.
ps. king salvador is as sexy as ever, especially when he speaks french ;) LMFAO!
January 25, 2014
Its a film more about the history of Dali and Lorca than a cinematic engaging experience. The film lacks any dramatic impact but you do learn about these two great artists. The last half hour is very laughable when Dali has is moustache he looks ten years old, the make up team didn't do a very good job here, shame cos the ending would of been powerful.
October 15, 2013
Rob Pattinson was riviting, sensitive and nailed Dali.
June 23, 2013
Boredom leads to tedium culminating in a spectacularly flat final scene. Whatever your feelings on Dali, he was never this dull.
June 21, 2013
ako niste citali prepisku i ne znate bas nista o svemu, moze
½ May 27, 2013
It's Cullen not Dali!!!!!!!!
May 3, 2013
i really only watched this movie because i wanted to see how r.patts was as an actor in other than twilight & it turns out he really has talent & this movie is great! its so sad but its really worth the watch!
½ February 6, 2013
An interesting biography film of sorts, the performances were solid, the story engaging and interesting and there were some beautifully filmed scenes, particularly the night swimming one.
½ February 5, 2013
Beautiful story. Sad and beautiful.
January 17, 2013
i enjoyed this movie very much. i wanna watch it over and over.
December 6, 2012
i love it... Robert pattinson did a great job....
November 15, 2012
Loved this movie. Pattison is brilliantly awkward as eccentric artist Salvador Dali.
November 10, 2012
sounds interesting, but is it good?
October 14, 2012
Terrible. Sorry, Rochelle, but I didn't like it. I love those guys, but I thought the movie didn't do that time period or relationships justice.
½ September 20, 2012
Uma grande est├│ria soterrada em filme. Os cen├írios opacos e sem vida abrigam um elenco grosseiro, a narrativa ma├žante faz o tempo andar devagar, o final parece nunca chegar.
September 20, 2012
This is a funny little film, ponderous in places but generally uncertain and underwhelming. Pattinson is excellent in going from shy to erratic though his accent wavers (indeed, having Spanish actors speaking broken English doesn't help either). Interesting take on the biopic and historical drama, though the elements don't quite match up. It's good, if a bit wobbly in the middle.
½ August 30, 2012
this movie it's a lack of respect for dal├ş