Little Big League - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Little Big League Reviews

July 23, 2016
Two Thumbs Up Siskel And Ebert
June 13, 2015
Rookie of the Year is way better.
½ June 6, 2015
I just like the fact it's showing a small market team, my team.
March 8, 2015
Nothing enjoyable about this film. Has a few good moments but definitely not something I'd recommend for others.
½ August 25, 2014
Young baseball fan Billy Haywood (Luke Edwards) is obsessed with the game and knows all there is to know about the games in and outs. After his grandfather passes he is left with the Minnesota Twins, and not long after he decides to coach them. Little Big League has a fun premise that makes for a good kids movie, but really just does not have all the chemistry needed to be great. The movie is on the right track, but goes on a bit too long and does not have the charm of Angels in the Outfield, Sandlot and other baseball movies.
½ August 15, 2014
(First viewing - Teen years)
May 26, 2014
A nicely plotted, well acted, often funny and sometimes even poignant comedy-drama about a kid who inherits and manages a baseball team. Lots of laughs and good baseball footage. My 7 year old enjoyed it thoroughly and so did I! i don't understand the poor reviews.
April 19, 2014
Light family comedy, fun and well done. All the actors and pro ballplayers were obviously having a great time making this movie, and that adds to the charm.
February 16, 2014
Great baseball film.
½ December 26, 2013
12/26/2013: Not a bad movie. Worth watching once, but maybe not more than that.
½ July 4, 2013
This movie is just plain awful. The movie is so predictable that when you finish watching it, you think that you could have wrote this movie, well a chimp could write this movie. The idea is just ridiculous, a 12 year old managing and owning the Minnesota Twins. The movie is one of those movies, its so bad it's funny, but it runs to long for you too enjoy the stupidity of it. (Spoilers) The ending is just awful as you feel like, I sat through this for 2 hours to see them lose and to have the kid quit at the end ? There are some intentional funny scenes but most of the acting is terrible and the story is just to predictable to enjoy or be surprise by the movie. If you like baseball, you could barely survive this train wreck , but if you don't than stay away from the horrible film.
May 18, 2013
You do know that Mr. Paulson (the tenth grade English teacher at our high school) was in that movie right? He was the 3rd basemen who
½ April 23, 2013
The best family baseball film besides the sandlot...entirely underrated gem. And Griffey. Griffey.
March 31, 2013
This and "A League of Their Own" are the two baseball movie standouts from this period in the 90's, when a lot of the others were glib and not very entertaining.
February 6, 2013
I remember finding it entertaining as a kid, now I don't care for it as it's all about baseball, and does nothing really to get me interested. I mean sure as a kid I thought man Billy is lucky as hell to get a whole Sports park, though the movie does a poor job showing how a kid would run it. We all know a kid that age would do a terrible job running a park. Good for nostlagia, but in the end Little Big League is another movie from my childhood that failed to stand the test of time.
December 7, 2012
NO but i decline to watch this Yank offering...
November 27, 2012
An oldie but a goodie. Watched this last night.
September 26, 2012
It's only worth a watch if you got nothing better to do.
September 1, 2012
I'm probably a bit biased, but how cool is it to have Randy Johnson as the villainous opposing pitcher?
½ July 30, 2012
Loved it as a kid. It's even good rewatching it as an adult. That was the baseball era for family movies: Rookie of the Year, Angels in the Outfield, Little Big League, & The Sandlot.

Great stuff