Little Boy Blue - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Little Boy Blue Reviews

September 30, 2014
Quite honestly... this movie will have you saying "HOLY S***"!
November 17, 2013
Blimey, I thought that there weren't any half decent Stephen King films made after needful things but obviously, I was wrong. This is not your typical King story mind. To be honest it's a pretty messed up story, which is usually a good thing. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this film.
October 20, 2012
I'm always surprised by reviews - both by pros and us common folk, who want every movie to lay out everything in the first half, and leave no mystery.

This film succeeds by doing just the opposite. It teases you into watching it as layers of the onion are unpeeled, revealing yet another secret of this dysfunctional family. Some of the secrets are only hinted at, and never fully revealed, much like real life.

For the people who wonder why Kate (Nastassja Kinski) stuck with the abusive husband - that's what battered and abused women do. They are battered and abused because they won't remove themselves from the bad situation.

No spoilers here - but if you think Ray (John Savage) turned into a psychotic because of something that happened in Vietnam, IMHO he was born a psychotic and Vietnam offered him a way to hone and practice his insanity. After watching the movie - think to his first act of violence which is revealed toward the end of the movie, and you'll realize this was one sick puppy way before there was ever a West family.

Great cinematography, script, casting, lighting, sets and especially acting by all the cast. I give it a strong thumbs up, if you're a thinking viewer. If you want it all spelled out for you - avoid this movie, you'll leave it frustrated. If you're the type who likes thinking about a movie after the popcorn is finished - this movie might be for you.
September 28, 2012
Ryan Phillippe, Nastassja Kinski i John Savage.
August 10, 2012
Jimmy West (Ryan Phillippe) is an anguished teenager whose family life is anything but normal. Abused by his father (John Savage), a twisted Vietnam War vet who forces him at gunpoint to commit unspeakable acts, Jimmy desperately wants to leave home but fears for the lives of his mother (Nastassja Kinski) and his two younger brothers. But before he can act to end the nightmare, a deadly secret from the past threatens to transform their lives forever in this gripping tale of sex, murder and revenge.

also stars Shirley Knight, Tyrin Turner, Jenny Lewis, Adam Burke, John Doman and Devon Michael.

directed by Antonio Tibaldi.
July 6, 2012
A film that fails by trying to depict a horror story while giving humanity and meaning to its characters. Nevertheless an honest effort, with decent performances.
February 3, 2012
I give this movie One Finger Up!!! The middle one! This was messed up, and very boring.
September 19, 2011
I feel like the murders at the end closed off the opportunity to make a lot more of this film, but it was a very interesting take on the toll of war and (what actually turned out not to be) incest.
½ June 9, 2011
For some reason I f*ckin love this movie!
½ April 27, 2011
great movie. Had to watch it with ryan in there. crazy twist. Loved it(:
½ March 19, 2011
Kisah incest yang menarik, plotnya sedikit membosankan hampir nyerah nonton pas ditengah-tengah film.
½ August 5, 2010
CRAZZY !!! A war Vet CAn't Have sex with his wife so he make's His Son Sleep with her ??? It Sooo Twisted Weird And Sad All In The Same Breath !!
March 19, 2010
I don't know if many people have even heard of this movie but I thought it was quite moody and interesting. has a gritty feel to it that seems very realistic. I has a great twist that I definitely didn't see coming.
½ March 1, 2010
It gets pretty ridiculous towards the end. The acting is pretty stellar for the most part. The story is very convoluted though and just falls apart.
½ January 24, 2010
Terribly underrated movie, and it is so F'ing brilliant!
September 24, 2009
itīs cool very cool actually!
½ September 23, 2009
King shows some range in his writing with something not scary for a second. Well, there's some things that are scary about this movie but they're not creatures from another dimension or something weird like that. Ryan Phillippe shows that he'll be a big star someday (which he is now). A weird family in a great movie.
September 15, 2009
Whatever..............
September 8, 2009
"Little Boy Blue" is one of the most powerful and compelling movies I've watched in awhile. True family history slowly unfolds between a Vietnam vet (John Savage) and his wife and three sons. The movie starts out slow with what seems like a typical family that has some problems. However, as the movie goes on, Jimmy West (Ryan Phillippe) starts to wonder about his father and himself, and the relation between the two. Something just seems suspicious and he has some questions that need to be answered.
Again, "Little Boy Blue" starts out slow, but when the plot starts to really show itself, the movie turns into one of the most powerful and thought provoking movies ever made. It slowly gives hints of what will solve the mystery and it really propels "Little Boy Blue" into being a disturbing, yet intriguing suspense drama.

If you like powerful movies about family drama, I definitely recommend getting "Little Boy Blue." It's one of the best movies of its kind in every way. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. Definitely an underrated, controversial movie.