Reviews

• Oct 13, 2015

AKA Niko 2 Little happy movie

AKA Niko 2 Little happy movie

• Jan 09, 2015

Let's just say, Santa overboard! At the North Pole, even reindeers need to deal with true life catastrophes like mother remarrying and her children adjusting to change. A stepbrother tries to get used to watching his new little brother, who is always on the go and getting into mischief with Santa's reindeers. Can the brothers form an inseparable bond that benefits the family or will they remain torn and split by the new arrangements? "Do you think Santa will bring us another present?" "Sure he will." Kari Juusonen (Angry Birds television series) and Jorgen Lerdam (Olsen Gang Gets Polished and Olsen Gang in Deep trouble) collaborate to deliver Little Brother, Big Trouble: A Christmas Adventure. The storyline for this picture is actually pretty interesting and well done. I loved the animation style and the characters in this film (it felt a little like Winnie the Pooh). "You're talking to a rock." The feel of this movie is surprisingly fun and entertaining. We grabbed this movie off Netflix because it is a Christmas film, but had low expectations since we had never heard of it. This was a pleasant surprise. I do recommend watching this with your children during the holidays and this is borderline worth adding to your DVD collection. "Try not to scream like a sissy." Grade: B

• Jun 09, 2014

I admit that I absolutely fell in love with this movie, it was charming, the animation was beautiful and I really fell for the characters. I feel that the family issues gave the movie depth and there wasn't a character that I hated. The whole movie just felt good :) Really funny too. I highly recommend it!

• Jan 26, 2014

my daughter seemed to like it

my daughter seemed to like it

• Nov 17, 2013

OK overall Christmas animated movie, but, really didn't enjoy the story

OK overall Christmas animated movie, but, really didn't enjoy the story

• Feb 10, 2013

Not too late for Christmas themed movie...

Not too late for Christmas themed movie...

• Dec 10, 2012

It's almost the same kinda thing that the first movie had, but this sequel seems a bit more exciting, funnier and it did had the nice Christmas feeling in it.

• Nov 19, 2012

I quite liked the first Niko movie. It had decent animation, great characters, original idea and a storyline that managed to keep me invested and then some. I've seen it once or twice since and solidified my opinion: it's more than decent Christmas movie, not a classic, but still enjoyable and kid-friendly. I'd happily recommend it to all families. And then there's the sequel, which follows the traditional way of offering more of the same, sans the novelty. In this case Niko is once again being forced to play the rule of a headstrong child with short temper and no patience whatsoever. It's a common cliché that the main character in a sequel seems to have learned nothing from his previous adventure, and this is true here as well, which is immensely aggravating. And when the storyline pretty much mirrors the previous film, this film can pretty much kiss goodbye to being as good as the original. Luckily the film makers got a few things right. I complain about Niko having learnt nothing, but there's the mitigating factor that he's still a kid, so he still has lots of learning to do. He should have learnt at least something, though. The rest of the cast though remains pretty much the same. They're not amazing, but they're solid. The same with animation. Nothing groundbreaking, but it looks good, though a bit uneven, as numerous studios were involved in the process, so the quality wavers a bit from time to time. The biggest problem is the story. It's just not as good as the first one, mostly because they tried to recycle the same plot, but with different enemies, which rarely works. There's a subplot concerning Niko's new stepbrother, but it's also very tired and clichéd. Not horrible, per se, but not very good either. You can pretty much guess how it'll go from the first minute of it. So that's this film. It's nothing spectacular, if anything it's a bit below average, but it's harmless fun and it's not going to hurt or upset your kids. It's over an hour's worth of semi-decent family entertainment. If you can, watch the first one, as it is much better, but this will do in a pinch.