The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane Reviews

• Mar 16, 2019

i'd say it's a good movie, one of those types you watch once but not again for many years. great performance by jodie foster and a good storyline/direction.

• Feb 22, 2019

A very interesting approach to horror but a tedious one with that mise en scene that seems like theater. But the whole situation was unbelievable. The best was the ending.

• Jun 10, 2018

Not an exciting film, but it does have a very strange wistful atmosphere that's maintained throughout, which I like a lot.

• Jan 19, 2018

this girl is a badass ruthless killer

this girl is a badass ruthless killer

• Jan 01, 2017

Still creeps me out at 51 years old but I appreciate it more than when I saw it as teenager

• Sep 08, 2016

I don't get the rave reviews. Maybe it was cutting edge for its time. Now it's clearly dated. The music is typical 70s. The dialogue is crap. Jodie Foster is decent. Far better than she is in modern movies. The odd character interactions make little sense. Why does everyone drop by this house every 5 minutes? Why isn't the door locked?Why didn't the boy turn her in? It's clear from the get go what the plot is. Everyone's dead in the basement.

• May 02, 2016

A strange little film from 1976. Young star Jodie Foster plays the title "girl" who seems to be living mysteriously on her own. Without giving much away, this film is full of surprises when I thought it was just going to be another psycho little girl story. Everything seems to work well, but I have a strange detachment to this story, as if I'm watching a stage play.

• Mar 18, 2016

This psychological drama from 1976 is sadly largely unknown. The film follows 13 year old, Rynn (Jodie Foster), as she seemingly lives alone due to the fact that her father is always away on business. Because of their secluded lifestyle attention is drawn to them, with local law enforcement, the land lady and her son (Martin Sheen) all poking their noses into their business. Jodie Foster's performance is outstanding, (especially for being 13 at the time). Foster plays this young English girl very well and gives a grown up, maturity to the character but also gives us the vulnerability which makes her performance extremely believable. The film has an excellent use of atmosphere and music, however the costume department failed on the terrible and obvious wig Foster wears throughout. The film is superbly crafted and it's just a shame that its vastly Unknown. This slow burn psychological drama also contains elements from the mystery, thriller & horror genres.

• Jan 24, 2016

Starring Jodie Foster, Martin Sheen, Alexis Smith, Scott Jacoby, & Mort Shuman. Although it is admittedly a little dated, this creepy low-budget, eccentric & atmospheric gem (for the most part) effectively blends the elements of: coming of age, mystery, drama, crime thriller, & psychological horror to create a one-of-a-kind original story that is as suspenseful as it is well acted, hauntingly directed with not only great cinematography and a rather memorable soundtrack, but also with a few unexpected interesting twists and turns that will most likely keep you on the edge of your seat throughout most of the film's duration. That is, if the vehement on-screen tension thanks to the well written script, doesn't do that already... And similarly to Let's Scare Jessica to Death, the film tends to rely more on atmosphere than blood/gore to deliver its subtle eerie chills so the viewer can try and make up his/or mind of exactly has happened off-screen and does so in a rather peculiar, yet nonetheless, cogently eldritch manner.

• Nov 23, 2015

Uskomattoman hieno suoritus nuorelta Jodie Fosterilta. Martin Sheen on sopivan niljakas vuokraemännän poikana.