Little Man Tate - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Little Man Tate Reviews

June 29, 2010
A beautiful film. Fantastic music.
Jodie Foster.
What else does it need?
June 27, 2010
Este niƱo no solo es genio sino sabio. La sensibilidad, el apreciar lo bello
June 20, 2010
I've always liked Jodir Foster and was quite chuffed when I saw this film advertised on tv... so I recorded it. I don't know what I expected from the film; but what I got wasn't it. The film was well done and Dianne West was brilliant too. The film sucked me in. My heart broke for Fred. It was a really lovely wee movie and I would def recommend it.
½ May 24, 2010
U havent seen Little Man Tate?
May 1, 2010
This was a heart-felt film about the relationship a mother has with her gifted son. Foster is once again on top form, both in acting and directorial duties. She brings the human touch to an otherwise average film and lifts it above that. Full credit has to go to Hann-Byrd as the young boy in question. For his debut performance it is remarkable and realistic. He never falters in his performance.
½ March 27, 2010
One of my all-time favorite movies about kids.
January 16, 2010
touching. well done.
½ January 9, 2010
one of the original 'gifted genius' films
½ January 9, 2010
one of the original 'gifted genius' films
ScoopOnline
December 12, 2009
An awesome Movie I ll never forget.
November 27, 2009
one of the good film that i was in childhood and i guess that be my childhood favorite and i keep watching this movie and it wonderful film. jodie foster's director debut and she good director and the good starring role. adam hann-byrd are starring film debut as fred the gifted. other character damon wells is seem little of bit funny and some of annyoing.
October 8, 2009
OMG this sucked worse than Madea Goes to Jail
½ September 23, 2009
this litle boy is far to old in this film! but it is a litle gem
September 23, 2009
Pretty good band, but dont care about the movie.
ElCochran90
½ September 17, 2009
It was interesting to see Jodie Foster in her first and only directorial debut, but overall the film was a little bit dull and boring, very slow at times. I really wanted to create empathy and interest towadrs the characters, but I wasn't fully able to do it. Nice and modest effort, but I wish I could've spent my time in watching something else.

50/100
September 2, 2009
This is a great film. Miss Foster did well on her directorial debut and the young actor who plays Fred was so talented and intriguing.
July 30, 2009
while watching Little Man Tate at first I was not sure what exactly the movie was about but after awhile it tends to be not about how smart a kid is but more about how he does not fit in anywhere. He seems lost and the only person that wants to lead him to a normal life is his mother played by Jodie Foster. The film is not perfect but it has many good moments that show how important emotional contact rather than not being loved is the best form. There are many instances where the movie shows this through the Dianne Wiest's character of always being alone not being with her parents. The Mathemagician who seemed to have an abusive father. Overall, the movie's message is positive and it is enjoyable to watch. The idea of what a genius goes through is an interesting subject.
½ June 20, 2009
A very good story with well developed characters and fine performances, especially from Jodie Foster and Dianne Wiest. Jodie Foster's direction is quite good. A perceptive and moving film. Great pace, believably done.
June 19, 2009
Kinda like Short Circut 2, minus Johnny 5 and the comedy.
June 15, 2009
saw this but dont remember a thing of it