The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning Reviews

September 2, 2017
Not a good story line I don't see why they made this movie
September 2, 2017
Very Good I don't understand the hate
½ June 12, 2017
You know, considering the mediocre starting point in addition to the mainly negative streak of direct-to-video Disney sequels, they could have at least ended off on a high note with The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning, but sadly, they did not. I would say that it's slightly better than The Little Mermaid II: Return To The Sea, but in all honesty, that doesn't really mean much of anything since it's still not up to snuff with the original Little Mermaid. Not that I was expecting it to live up to The Little Mermaid since it is a straight-to-DVD Disney sequel, but it could have been a good movie, and it wasn't. A prequel to The Little Mermaid is not a bad idea conceptually, and it could have had potential to be good, but in execution, it ended up as nothing more than a wasted opportunity. It's not terrible, but it is quite a mediocre adventure under the sea.
½ June 7, 2017
Ariel's beginning is something I don't really want to see. I regret seeing it and will never watch it again. This is a pretty bad movie. It's boring and dumb. This truly shows how hungry Disney can get for money. There is only one song in this movie and it isn't an original one. Little mermaid 2 was better than this surprisingly. I'd say that the only good thing about the movie is the animation. The animation didn't look too bad for straight to DVD. I'm just gonna give this movie an F. This just a isn't a good movie. Not worth watching. If you see it in the bargain bin, don't buy it, there's a reason why it's in there.
May 1, 2017
When I saw this one there was no surprise there it was not up to my standards not a very good story line so I was not impressed
½ December 14, 2016
The backstory of Ariel's mother was good, and there were a few decent parts. However, I felt like this could have definitely been reduced to a short TV episode because as a movie it got slightly long and boring at times. Also, what the hell is that strange manatee thing?
½ August 14, 2016
The story is boring the characters are not the best but the only thing that saved this movie is the animation the design of the characters are really nice the backgrounds are desist so overall it get a grade c-
February 17, 2016
I really want to watching
½ January 27, 2016
Not the best one it was boring and not s good movie
½ July 27, 2015
the musical prequel nobody asked for
June 8, 2015
I enjoyed this movie much more than I expected. It was better than the second and had a good storyline.
½ April 27, 2015
WHAT A GREAT MOOVVIEEE!!! LOVE MARINA DEL RAYYYNXJDISOCIODDI
½ March 22, 2015
It's very nice and a beautiful movie.
January 3, 2015
Personally I liked it better than the first one, not that I don't like the first one, but Ariel's more likeable here, not so whiny and less of an airhead. :P
January 2, 2015
ITS FOOTLOOSE WITH THE LITTLE MERMAID
½ December 25, 2014
had the best 2D animation for a third movie or a prequel movie, but a lack of story that kinda ruined the connection between the first, second and the film series...
November 18, 2014
While it explains Ariel's childhood quite well, the fact that it doesn't have the good qualities of a Disney film is really disheartening. A boring, stale, unexciting diatribe that will leave you wanting to watch the original instead.
½ September 19, 2014
A cute, charming prequel to the lovable original classic that still lives on with magic and heart. (A)

(Full review coming soon)
September 4, 2014
Pretty much stole the plot from the Sound of Music, but not even close to as good.
July 19, 2014