The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning Reviews

½ August 14, 2016
The story is boring the characters are not the best but the only thing that saved this movie is the animation the design of the characters are really nice the backgrounds are desist so overall it get a grade c-
½ July 23, 2016
A terrible prequel to the little mermaid
February 17, 2016
I really want to watching
½ January 27, 2016
Not the best one it was boring and not s good movie
½ July 27, 2015
the musical prequel nobody asked for
June 8, 2015
I enjoyed this movie much more than I expected. It was better than the second and had a good storyline.
½ April 27, 2015
½ March 22, 2015
It's very nice and a beautiful movie.
January 3, 2015
Personally I liked it better than the first one, not that I don't like the first one, but Ariel's more likeable here, not so whiny and less of an airhead. :P
January 2, 2015
½ December 25, 2014
had the best 2D animation for a third movie or a prequel movie, but a lack of story that kinda ruined the connection between the first, second and the film series...
November 18, 2014
While it explains Ariel's childhood quite well, the fact that it doesn't have the good qualities of a Disney film is really disheartening. A boring, stale, unexciting diatribe that will leave you wanting to watch the original instead.
½ September 19, 2014
A cute, charming prequel to the lovable original classic that still lives on with magic and heart. (A)

(Full review coming soon)
September 4, 2014
Pretty much stole the plot from the Sound of Music, but not even close to as good.
July 19, 2014
i still love this show
June 3, 2014
I actually loved it.
May 31, 2014
Nah, man. Ariel deserves a better backstory.
½ May 15, 2014
Footloose underwater? Kill me now. At least it's slightly more interesting than the second one but that's not saying much either.
May 9, 2014
I just didn't get it.
April 11, 2014
The DTV sequels end just as they began, a mess of popping colors and uninteresting, rehashed plots.