The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning Reviews

• Oct 05, 2020

After rewatching it it's not as bad as I remember. It's got a pretty good plot, but it's not handled the best. Sometimes the film got very boring and I felt like it would have benefitted from more songs and further character development. Overall it's fine for a straight to dvd movie.

• Jun 11, 2020

A bad prequel. 'The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning' is, unfortunately given the original and sequel are good, utterly pointless. It's just all very plain, most notably with the animation due to its dully done backgrounds. The story is useless, do we really care what happened to Ariel before 'The Little Mermaid'? No, this premise adds extremely little to the other two films - the only plus is that we find out what happened to her mother. At least the duo of Jodi Benson (Ariel) and Samuel E. Wright (Sebastian) reprise their roles for a third time, though none of the new additions leave a mark. The villains are very boring, Sally Field goes unnoticed as Marina Del Rey and Benjamin (Jeff Bennett) is entirely forgettable. Some of the songs are decent, but that aside this is a follow-up that doesn't need to exist.

• May 14, 2020

This isn't terrible, but I just can't imagine ever having a reason to ever watch this again ever. Ever.

• Dec 02, 2018

It was a good movie but Ursula should been in the movie it would of made more sense than the other lady in the movie.

• Dec 01, 2018

A really boring and worthless prequel. The 2nd movie at least was enjoyable and I quite liked it. But this... Just worthless. Despite having a higher audience score then Return to the Sea, that movie was miles better then this. that movie at least had a good story that was going in a straight direction. This movie just starts nowhere and ends up nowhere. Just a worthless movie.

• May 25, 2018

I’m not impressed could have been better

I’m not impressed could have been better

• Mar 27, 2018

Um, I'm not sure this movie should've existed. It's too busy contradicting the original movie.

• Feb 11, 2018

You know it was not a great SQL the plot was not really not interesting

You know it was not a great SQL the plot was not really not interesting

• Sep 28, 2017

I love it. If we compared with the original, this is bad, but when we don't look original and see this movie objectively, we can say this movie is good. and if we compared to another Disney sequels, this is one of the best Disney sequels.

• Sep 02, 2017