Little Miss Marker Reviews

• Jan 26, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Jan 23, 2018

A fun little character piece as a bunch of less-than-honest types end up having to care for a little girl. While it's a Shirley Temple film, and she's fun to watch, the main story is watching how everyone around her starts to change. Well worth a look.

• Nov 04, 2015

If you want to see a child actress of four-five years old at her extremely most talented - skim through this one and you'll be amazed! She was a major talent and unparalled at what she accomplished in the world of cinema at that juncture. A big wow.

• Jul 29, 2015

Not a bad little film...Miss Shirley Temple was very cute in one of her first starring roles. Worthy of a watch.

• May 28, 2013

A little girl is left behind by her gambling father as a collateral, but soon charms the hardened crooks and bookies with her childish cleverness, songs and dances. This was the film that turned little Shirley Temple into a star. The comedy itself slows down in the scsnes she is not involved in; though that decreases the enjoyment of the film, it gives a chance for Shirley Temple herself to show her on screen radiance.

• Apr 23, 2013

It would be a mistake to think of the film as a Shirley Temple vehicle, since it owes as much or more to Adolphe Menjou, the tragic Dorothy Dell and Damon Runyon's chracters.

• Dec 29, 2012

The first Shirley Temple movie I ever saw and it's probably one of my favorite because it owes as much to Adolphe Manjou and Dorothy Dell than it owes to Shirley Temple, who is adorable.

• Aug 14, 2012

one of shirley's first films. thought it was very good. had a lot of heart and optimism with just the right touch of tragedy like most of her best films

• Nov 29, 2011

★★ (out of four) You either find Shirley Temple to be the cutest thing to ever hit movies, or you find her to be a precocious, annoying, spoiled little brat. I lean towards the latter. For me it is just way too much. The sugar is just poured on way too thick for me to enjoy. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/Zeppo1/LittleMiss.jpg[/IMG] In "Little Miss Marker" Shirley is an orphaned girl who becomes a pawn in a betting scheme. Her cute ways wins over the mobsters and tough guys. Despite Temple's schmaltz, the film isn't a total bust. Adolphe Menjou and Dorothy Dell add to the picture considerably.

• Aug 18, 2011

I thought this movie was pretty good. Definately a classic.

I thought this movie was pretty good. Definately a classic.