Little Monsters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Little Monsters Reviews

October 28, 2017
Great fantastic phenomenal movie.
July 18, 2017
A Great Family Classic from the Producers of Predator and Chronicle Comes an Underrated and Misunderstood Film which yes it is Spooky Silly and Dark but that is what it suppose to Aim at.
½ April 14, 2017
This movie is definitely mislabeled as a family movie. The gross humor and language don't fit in with my idea of a kid friendly. That being said, I don't think adults should watch this pile of mess either.
December 7, 2016
Despite the banal scenery, inconsistent script, un-clear editing and a rather lacklust performance from mr. Daniel Stern, the film did fill me with wonder...."how did this get a PG rating?"
October 17, 2016
Loved this movie as a kid.
July 18, 2016
Holds up pretty good kinda gross in parts
May 11, 2016
This could have been a great family film, but little monsters fails at mostly everything. The make-up and the effect's are well done, but the main character is so unlikable and absolutely despicable.
April 27, 2016
ohhhh man one of my favorites this movie absolutely is so dang good
½ February 16, 2016
When I was a kid I thought this movie was the coolest. Just saw it recently and it wasn't all that great!!
July 12, 2015
so weird! but how punx is the monster?
July 4, 2015
Simple, silly, plot but heart warming feel good story, this is a classic , terrible acting set with a poor plot equals amazing film.
½ June 4, 2015
I remember it being better when i was younger. If ya like this check out monster squad and the goonies. peace
April 18, 2015
This witty little fable is fun for kids and the kid in all of us.
March 27, 2015
best movie of all time
October 8, 2014
I've loved this movie ever since I was a kid and I watching it all the time! :) It's funny, I love the creativity and imagination. It's just a fun movie. :)
½ September 3, 2014
70%
The story is more refined in later films such as "Monsters Inc.," but "Little Monsters" is a late 80s childhood gem.
July 29, 2014
(First and only viewing - 1/24/2011)
June 13, 2014
I absolutely loved this film as a child. If there was nothing else this was the one go to film I would always get from the video shop with my dad. Now, that video shop is closed and I can't seem to find this film anywhere.
April 20, 2014
LITTLE MONSTERS wasn't made- it was perpetrated. It is utterly sickening, rampantly cruel, lazily brainless, shameful trash. The fact that this depressing exercise got a "PG" rating is absolutely dumbfounding- this is one of the scariest, cruelest, most mean-spirited films I've ever seen, and I hated every incomprehensible and idiotic minute of it. This movie was marketed towards kids- these are actions that are stupid and irresponsible to the level of retardation. The sick idiots who greenlit this script and were responsible for making this movie have a very warped sense of humor- they must have been beaten as children.

There are things in this movie that are as mature as a 5 year old shouting out loud a new potty word he just learned during his kindergarten class. It's not just that- this movie is just downright ugly and miserable. It is full of pointless things that are brought up just for laughs. Apparently, the filmmakers think that dismemberment, toilet humor, divorce, shockingly anti-social behavior, tasteless and cruel pranks, and a downbeat attitude towards life are all funny. There is no satirical element, spin or imagination put into any of this humor, all of it is played straight. That is definitive proof that the makers of this movie are too creatively bankrupt to do anything new or original. Again, a warped sense of humor.

I wanted to go into the movie and incinerate all these characters with a flamethrower. Yes- that's what I felt. I was that aggravated by its shocking immaturity and misery. The movie is so cruel towards children and so cynical towards the parents of these children. Worse yet- it tries to pass this off as funny.

This movie has no direction- it's amazingly forgettable. It doesn't really even have a plot. It's impossible to get involved in this movie- it was made to flaunt bathroom humor, cruel pranks and bad filmmaking. The characters are one-dimensional and put there as an excuse to do the disgusting humor.

Normally, forgettable movies that don't try very hard don't deserve to be reviewed, in my opinion. But this movie is so much worse than that. It's sick, extremely cynical, and utterly cruel- unpleasant in the extreme. I intensely detested this movie- that's not an exaggerated statement. Because it is such a shocking experience, It amounts up to a pointless exercise because it is impossible for it to appeal to its intended audience. But this movie is worth no one's time.
½ March 21, 2014
Cute, but 1980's kid flick cute.

3/20/14 - Home