A Little Sex - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Little Sex Reviews

½ October 4, 2015
The only thing other than Temple of Doom I've seen Kate Capshaw.
January 20, 2014
I love this movie i want to see it again that I how much I like this movie
½ February 23, 2013
The characters were interesting, and well portrayed by the actors, but the story is the same old romance movie plot we've seen a million times. This movie would have been good with more drama.
April 10, 2012
sounds interested...
February 20, 2012
There's nothing harder to take that a romantic comedy centering around two very unlikable characters, and because of that, "A Little Sex" is one film that is pretty hard to take. You have Kate Capshaw on one hand, very appealing in her film debut. But on the other hand, her philandering husband played by Tim Matheson only considers sleeping around on her cheating after they tie the knot. He's a completely unsympathetic character, and you dislike her just because she comes off as a weak and helpless female. These people clearly should not be together and that's kind of the opposite of what you want in a film like this.
The script is very weak, and plays out like a made-for-television movie with enough juicy sex and bad language to earn an "R" rating. But those expecting a raunchy "Porky's"-style comedy will be just as disappointed as the rest of the audience. This is a lackluster picture in that department as well.
The only voice of reasoning worth listening to in the film comes in the form of Edward Herrman as Matheson's wise older brother. I'm not sure why all of his words of wisdom are dispensed at a zoo, but his performance gives the movie some much-needed weight. It would have been nice to see some sort of spark or chemistry between the two stars to give "A Little Sex" a little credibility. It's impossible to see what they see in each other, and that has all of the makings of a seriously dysfunctional romantic comedy. There's little reason to see this glorified Lifetime movie.
April 19, 2009
A Little Sex (1982) -- [4.5] -- If there were no other movies made about infidelity, this movie would be all right. But it wallows in all-too-familiar subject matter without adding any new spin. I didn't like that the wife had meaningless sex to understand why the husband did. It felt like a writer's desperate attempt to forge a happy ending. I did like the videotape monologue at the end -- it was Matheson's only moment of real acting in the movie. Even though the movie was blah, it was fun to see Tim Matheson, Kate Capshaw, Edward Herrmann and John Glover in their younger days.
½ March 31, 2009
Watch this in big screen.
March 27, 2009
i would recomend this movie for adults only, but very comedy romantic movie
March 16, 2009
The Facts of Life are True
December 26, 2008
I did not like this movie because it is the typical boy meets girl boy marries girl boy cheats on girl..I cant stand movies like that..I did not finish this movie so I will not rate it either.
December 17, 2008
This charming movie is underrated by IMDB. It asks a question without an easy answer: why does marriage have to be honored? The movie ends with a typical American happy ending, but the exploration of this question is far from over in the philosophical sense.
December 17, 2008
Sleazy and depressing.
December 11, 2008
meh- maybe not the best movie but tim matheson is a cutie. and it is nice to see him suffer knowing that he did wrong.
October 21, 2008
a little sex wont hurt... will it
August 10, 2008
haha sounds funny and yes i want to see this
May 13, 2008
sounds interested...
March 21, 2008
One of my all-time favorite movies. It has such a "feel good" ending. I love the song MR SANDMAN and the story about ALBERT & DUKE. The trench coat scene was cute, too. Just a few days ago (March 19, 2008) I ran into Kate Capshaw (wife of Steven Spielberg) at the City Bakery. Our eyes locked and I couldn't hold back, telling her how A LITTLE SEX is one of my all-time favorite films. She said, "Why THANK YOU." This made my day as well as hers (I think). She went on to say it was one of her first films. A MUST SEE.
October 27, 2007
Decent romantic comedy of the 80s. The leads are enjoyable and the silly plot is enough to get by. Helps if you like Capshaw and Matheson.
September 7, 2007
yeah... umm yeah. Nothing to really say about this one. It's got some recogniizable TV actors in smaller roles. It's just bad and not even in an entertaining way.
½ September 2, 2007
This movie. Was so terrible.