Live Free or Die - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Live Free or Die Reviews

April 4, 2016
it reminded me of the antic Greek comedies.
½ May 10, 2015
just ok comedy not as funny as it thinks it is.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A decent comedy / crime movie about the criminal "Rugged" which want to be knowed as a bad cool criminal in the town more then he actually is. Some funny scenes and overall a fair movie but not more..
½ January 22, 2013
.. omfg fucking weird, such a pointless movie, and aaron stanford always made me feel nervous because he wouldnt just get on with it, but his buddy.. he was freakin funny
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
½ October 9, 2012
live free...die free
September 19, 2012
Extremely funny, not to mention underrated. This was just released on DVD today, if you see it on the shelf of your local video store don't hesitate to pick it up, it's worth it.
April 9, 2012
A little slow, kinda boring at times but Lagrange keeps you interested with his somewhat dim-witted comedy. Not enough Zooey by any means. I like the message though, sometimes the image or the legend is so much easier to grasp than the truth. If we all lived with the reality and not the fantasy this would be a pretty boring existence.
November 26, 2011
Way funny and way underrated.
½ July 20, 2011
Not bad, but it has its moments.
½ February 15, 2011
An overall boring story that moves nowhere very slowly.
February 3, 2011
This comedy was not very funny. It also makes people from New Hampshire look like idiots... unless the movie took place in Seabrook then it would make sense.
August 29, 2010
A bit of a miss with me. I loved Paul and, of course, Zooey in their roles but the storyline left me a little flat. Needed more with Zooey to punch it up a bit. It was... eh.
½ August 11, 2010
Character Acting 101, or: How To Waste Zooey's Time
½ July 13, 2010
La salva el final, igual es re medio pelo
July 5, 2010
John "Rugged" Rudgate is a loser who thinks he's a big time criminal. He's convinced that others respect him, and tries to convince his ex-classmate that this is true, with disastrous consequences.

Worth a watch, but don't expect too much.
July 1, 2010
Saw it...But thought that the other 3 were better
LWOODS04
March 14, 2010
Aaron Stanford, Paul Schneider, Zooey Deschanel, Juah Friedlander, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, Kevin Dunn, Peter Anthony Tambakis, Michael Rapaport

DIRECTED BY: Andy Robin & Gregg Kavet

Taking its title from the state motto of New Hampshire, "Live Free or Die" is a deadpan comedy about a clueless, aspiring criminal named John "Rugged" Rudgate, who spends his days forging rebate coupons and selling speakers out the back of his van. One day, Rugged runs into an old acquaintance, the dim-witted Jeff Lagrand, who recently returned home to help his cynical sister run the storage facility that they inherited from their father. When Rugged tries to force his way into the Lagrand family business, things go terribly wrong--and the situation gets even more complicated when an emotionally unstable cop begins investigating

Well it didn't turn out to be as funny as I had hoped, but it had some good laughs. I found Pual Schneider and Zooey Deschanel to be the only funny two. Schneider's character was just one those off-beat characters that I love. Not so obviously funny. There should have been more Zooey in this movie. Would have been better I think. It was a bit boring at times and kinda silly. But I think it being silly was kind of the writer's intent. But all in all a decent watch.. Maybe..
½ February 22, 2010
pretty funnny deadpan comedy of sorts that delivers in all directions
February 17, 2010