Live Free or Die - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Live Free or Die Reviews

½ January 19, 2010
Interesting film with a great cast and some really funny moments.
November 22, 2009
It was dumb but really funny
November 2, 2009
An unfunny comedy about the life of a small time criminal
September 20, 2009
Good cast - Judah Friedlander of 30 Rock, Paul Schneider and the lovely Zooey Deschanel, probably worth a watch.
August 8, 2009
sight, i feel like i did the same thing as them after watching the movie, which maybe makes it a better movie
½ July 9, 2009
pathetic attempt at a funny movie.boo
½ June 20, 2009
movie about a small time crook pretending to be more than he is and an idiot "sidekick".......i thought it was kinda funny....not enough zooey.......judah's funny
June 15, 2009
Story isn't bad. Pretty good movie.
½ June 8, 2009
Super funny in its own non-pretentious quirky way. Great characters, unique style and story.
½ June 1, 2009
Takes a bit to get going but once it does it's really funny. I like small town movies where everyone's wardrobe didn't make it out of the 80s. Judah Friedlander is funny and Paul Schneider is flippin' hilarious.
May 5, 2009
featuring one of the most irritating characters in recent memory and just so-so coincidental-sequences-petty-crime-comedy (strangely it really does feel like its been done tons of times before) plot, I regrettably have to say this is a minor waste of time.
½ April 13, 2009
Eww what a trrible flick. These characters, are all a bunch of losers. Really sorry I watched this .
I just saw this because of Zooey Deschanel, but she has a small part, not much screentime
April 10, 2009
Was this supposed to be funny?
March 24, 2009
Not too bad. I'd probably like it more if I saw it again. The ending was really good in kind of tying the whole film together.
½ March 17, 2009
I love Zooey but this movie wasn't so great... she's not in it very much either.
February 8, 2009
Mad Money 6/10

Live Free or Die Hard 8/10
½ January 24, 2009
A really cool cast in a fun quirky movie that is an easy watch....don't expect too much from this thin plot and at times rigid acting.....Set in a small town in New Hampshire and about a wanna be criminal legend who just does not have the brains or the braun to carry it off. It's been done before, and a lot better, but it's not without its funny moments....especially the hardware store guy who gives more than most.
½ January 2, 2009
There were times when I wanted to turn this movie off and times when I genuinely laughed out loud. You never really know what you are gonna get from a ThinkFilm. In the end it wasn't terrible and the irony of it all was amusing. Rugged wants so badly to have this image of a tough criminal and in the end he gets that but in reality he actually dies and his body is buried underneath a bunch of trash. It made me smirk.
shanehaley41
January 2, 2009
A little slow, kinda boring at times but Lagrange keeps you interested with his somewhat dim-witted comedy. Not enough Zooey by any means. I like the message though, sometimes the image or the legend is so much easier to grasp than the truth. If we all lived with the reality and not the fantasy this would be a pretty boring existence.
December 19, 2008
Clever, but really slow to start, and the dilaog was pretty flat. Decent story though.