Live a Little, Love a Little - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Live a Little, Love a Little Reviews

½ June 12, 2016
another Elvis vehicle rom-com
½ December 27, 2015
I have no idea what's happening in this movie. Drugs were definitely involved. A crazy woman takes over Greg's life??
July 26, 2015
A total mess of a film. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop with Michele Carey being a run away form a mental institution but it never happened. Neither did the plot. That fever dream in the middle is bizarre in a bad way.
½ February 25, 2015
A "modern" Elvis movie. Elvis looks surprisingly natural and at ease in this movie that is quintessential 1968 rather than the celluloid movies he was in the past few years that were detached from what was really going on in the world. Elvis's acting is at ease and on target and the movie is fun to watch.
May 13, 2014
Elvis Presley portrays Greg Nolan a womanizing photographer who runs into a woman on the beach and then crazy things begin to happen. She claims her name is Alice but in the movie she has three other different names so it does get confusing but by the end of the movie her actual name is said. It is a beautiful and funny love story of Greg and "Alice". It has a combination of physical and verbal comedy which has made Live a Little Love a little a fantastic movie. I have seen it at least 5 times.
July 10, 2013
Although I do not like Elvis as an actor (more as a singer)..I do like this one...Very Cute and Fun..A must see...
January 7, 2013
Pretty awful, even by Elvis movie standards. The female lead is supposed to be kooky and fun but in reality is just extremely annoying. The main problem is that the film makers try to inject some 'serious/mature/adult/realistic' elements-- a few four-letter words, more overt sexual references-- into the standard Elvis formula of childish pratfalls, cardboard characters, absurd plots, and overall genial silliness. Let's just say that it doesn't work at all. Personally, I want my Elvis movies to be completely inane.
½ August 24, 2012
While Michelle Cary is as cute as ever this is Elvis's attempt at the free-love/psychedelic phase of America and it fails for the most part. The beginning, with Cary, works in a trippy sort of way with her various names and a great dane named Albert. Where the movie falls apart is when they have a music scene, there are 3 and they feel completely forced and unnatural, especially the dream sequence. In the end we never really understand Cary's character and if her goal is to trap the Elvis character then he is a fool for falling for it. A frustrating movie that falls into the Elvis movie formula with having music scenes when it does not need to.
½ October 27, 2011
Bernice: You know it's very difficult being a beautiful woman, men just never leave you alone.

Greg Nolan: You won't believe this, but I'm leaving you alone.
½ October 10, 2011
August 4, 2011
Not the best Elvis movie. But it has Sadistife Me in it.
October 5, 2010
Not his worst, but still not good. Thankfully, the last movie of the piece of shit director Norman Taurog who put E in all of these rediculous places. Overall, it feels like a Monkee's episode. Elvis works two jobs as a photographer while keeping one job secret from the other. All the while, he tries to deal with a manipulative hippie girl who never gets too close to anyone but keeps a lot of irons in the fire.

Stupid enough, right? As far as the girl goes, Michele Carey is clearly my favorite of Elvis' side ladies since Ann-Margret. But then again, I likes the crazy.
February 12, 2010
i love any elvis movie. i'm 20 and i have been a fan of his sicne i was 9 and anyone who say elvis does not sing good or act good i thank they are stupied
½ December 28, 2009
Elvis does Beyond the Valley of the Dolls. Elvis is adorable as always but the love interest is nutso and the fact that he ends up with her is mind-boggling.
½ August 31, 2009
Not one of my fav...
June 2, 2009
It wasn't that bad. But seriously, what was wrong with the main girl? Other than she was crazy? Had some interesting dream sequences, and I thought it was funny to have Dick Sargent in it.
May 24, 2009
½ March 15, 2009
As far as Elvis movies go this was one of the better ones. It was kinda weird & somewhat predictable seeing that in every movie he is in, there is fighting, racing, lots of girls, and of course singing. Yet those are not bad things to have in movies.
½ September 21, 2008