Live Forever (Live Forever: The Rise and Fall of Brit Pop) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Live Forever (Live Forever: The Rise and Fall of Brit Pop) Reviews

December 17, 2009
Not as good as 24 Hour Party People
July 22, 2009
Good look at the rise and fall of Britpop in a post Thatcher Britian. Most of the big names make an appearance. The most obvious thing to come out if it is that Noel is the only Gallagher worth worrying about.
July 7, 2009
Engrossing exploration of the defining musical movement of my youth. A brief moment of sonic perfection, lightning in a bottle, effervescent and evanescent.
June 1, 2009
A great look behind the history of Britpop in the 90's. I'm a big Oasis fan so this was interesting. This bacially follows Oasis, Blur, Pulp, Massive Attack, The Verve and the band Sleeper. Overall I found this to be quite a interesting documentry. The extras have Noel Gallahger talking about certain topics. He was very funny in this. Check it out.
May 28, 2009
I know it's wrong, but I love the Gallagher brothers and they are in fine form in this doc.
March 29, 2009
A great doc from the Hot Docs fest in 2003 focusing on the rise of the Brit Pop movement of the early 90's particularly the competition between Blur and Oasis who led the charge. Obviously featured a lot of great tracks from this era of music and was extremely well executed. One of the highlights at this years fest.
February 26, 2009
The best fucking documentary of all time, not only does it have just awesome interviews with the Gallaghers, Damon Albarn, 3D, Jarvis Cocker, etc., but it tells the story of one of my most favourite genres of music, Britpop and just captures everything great about it and England in the time. So well done and so fucking interesting, I love it man!
½ November 20, 2008
A must for anyone who claims to be a fan of '90's Britpop.
½ September 29, 2008
LIVE FOREVER explores the rise and fall of the Britpop revolution in the UK during the mid-to-late 1990s and does a great job at it. Starting with the release of Blur's "Parklife", the film looks at the evolution of the Britpop movement and it's effects on the culture of post-Thatcher Britain. The film also deals with the rise of Oasis and the chart war between them and Blur. Also featured are interviews with members of Pulp, Massive Attack, and the Sleepers. This documentary is well put together and features tons of music clips and interviews. If your a fan of Britpop or 90s music in general you must check this out!
September 1, 2008
Entertaining documentary on the Britpop years, Jarvis is on top form , Liam and Noel are on top from while Damon sulks a bit. Why no Super Furry Animals or Supergrass ?
August 18, 2008
10. EPICA!! THIS IS MUSIC!!!!

Veanla GILESSSS!!!
½ July 4, 2008
i was going through my dvd collection, and i stumble upon this dvd that I haven't seen in awhile. It is a good documentary on the most coolest timeline in rock n roll. Too bad dvd doesn't have any English subtitles, because Americans can't understand English at times..lol
½ June 23, 2008
Interesting yet not entirley whole music doc about the Heady days of Britpop (Horrible word) Dealing with some of the main players in that scene.
Chunks of the doc are taken up with the Blur V Oasis chart battle ,which while interesting is not the whole picture.
Bands like RadioHead,S.F.A.and The Verve barely get a mention which is the main prob with this film.
That said the Oasis lads are on top form ,Jarvis Cocker amuses and Damon Albarn come across as a total git.
Its also interesting to see How New Labour rode in the wake of the music and then cleared off once it had come to power.
Maybe in 10 years we will get a more rounded doc film ,but until then this film time capsules a vital moment in British Music
June 18, 2008
Probably the best documentary I have ever seen!
½ May 31, 2008
The Oasis brothers (et al) are frequently hilarious in their absurdity in this documentary about Brit Pop and politics of the era. Probably missing a lot of notable bands, but there are some interesting ideas touched upon.
May 16, 2008
GREAT DOCUMENTARY ABOUT ROCK MUSIC IN THE 90'S THE GALLAGHER BROTHERS ARE FUNNY AS HELL IN IT
½ April 19, 2008
Mediocre documentary charting '90s Britpop. It lazily references rather than successfully explores influential bands such as Oasis, Blur, Pulp, Massive Attack, Portishead, Suede and Supergrass. A few witty sound bites and quotes from the Gallagher brothers can't save it. Seeing as Live Forever focuses mostly on Oasis, you're better off watching the Definitely Maybe DVD. There are not nearly enough live performances, too much self-important babble (particularly from Albarn) and muddled nonsense to be regarded as an achievement. It's all pretty unremarkable to be honest.
½ March 18, 2008
I didn't like this film.
March 4, 2008
No matter how many times I watch this on the couch with Millson, it just never seems enough. It's even more entertaining to watch it with Liz :-P
February 26, 2008
Best music documentary ever. If you like Oasis, Blur, and Pulp, you must see this film. Liam is insufferably hilarious, Damon is pompous and brilliant as ever, and Noel is a bleedin legend!
ps: Jarvis Cocker steals it tho!