Live Free or Die Hard - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Live Free or Die Hard Reviews

½ July 25, 2016
Excellent film fantastic action scenes, Abit over the top but brilliant, A must watch for any action fan, Different to the other Die Hard films but in a good way, Some fantastic effects to top it all off.
½ July 24, 2016
Come on, this comes out ON MY BIRTHDAY! OF COURSE I'MA GO SEE IT!
July 20, 2016
The PG-13 rating feels out of place but it is still entertaining enough.
July 14, 2016
Live Free or Die Hard is the 4th entry in the Die Hard franchise and it shows that this series can still pack a punch (at least up until Live Free or Die Hard). This movie has: great performances from everybody, has a great and memorable villain, a smartly and funny written script, and great action sequences.
½ July 9, 2016
All the cyberattack parts of the plot aren't well suiting for such a combat guns-fighting action movie, and it gets even more complicated when bringing in an Air Force Raptor on highway battle, but LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD stands as superb having been able to stand as a smarter movie than Die Hard 2 or Die Hard with a Vengeance, and serves as the best golden 4th installment for any movie series.
July 2, 2016
Definitely my favorite of the Die Hard films!
June 27, 2016
I don't know what you thought of some of the crazy stunts but I didn't find them obnoxious in the least.  Bruce Willis still has McClane flowing through his blood and this time around he's given a rather different addition in hacker, Matthew, Justin Long.  They make a good match.  McClane plays father figure to Matt supplementing this relationship for his shattered father/daughter relationship which incidentally is healed as soon as she's kidnapped by Thomas Gabriel (the beautiful Timothy Olyphant).  After the kidnapping she can't stop singing praises about a father she told earlier in the flick to get lost.  She's annoying.  Long and Willis are awesome and there's even a nice cameo by Kevin Smith playing paranoid conspiracy theorist hacker, Warlock.  Props to the costume department here.  Olyphant, for as evil as is, is dressed quite deliciously.  I say see this flick if you haven't already.  It's good clean fun.
½ June 12, 2016
Good die hard film! Missing a lot of the good stuff about diehard but better than die hard 2. Not as good as one or three.
May 2, 2016
fantastic. lives up to all expectations especially with the scene in which McClane takes out a chopper with a police car.
½ April 26, 2016
I want to be a hacker now.
April 14, 2016
he's like the airport version of RAMBO
March 24, 2016
Yippiekiah Motherfucker
March 16, 2016
Some good reviews from friends make me curious to this one
March 9, 2016
this won't be like the originals i bet.
½ March 3, 2016
Grade: B- (73%)
Rating: 7.3/10 - Good
½ February 13, 2016
over the top action that ultimate lampoons its own tropes
February 12, 2016
Wow. Never saw all of the originals and I STILL was kinda intrigued by the trailer...
½ February 8, 2016
After 3 Incredibly great films, this 4th installment finally hits the wall with a poor attempt to do anything good.
January 30, 2016
Thomas Gabriel played by Timothy Olyphant is my hero.