Live from Baghdad - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Live from Baghdad Reviews

March 3, 2014
This was an interesting look behind the scenes of CNN's efforts to bring the 1991 bombing of Baghdad into the homes of TV viewers. It brings to light the heroic sacrifices made by journalists, camera crews and producers to keep us informed while working in hostile dangerous areas. A good effort from Keaton, & Carter, help make this a really decent film..
½ May 15, 2013
Good Journalism During War Movie
February 10, 2013
great film of the 1991 CNN coverage of Operation Desert Storm..and what it took to get the live news from Baghdad ...a great HBO film
December 8, 2012
Really enjoyed this - despite it being a late night movie I had never heard of before. Interesting to see how CNN went from 'little station that could' to global news organisation based on exclusive Iraq war coverage.
December 4, 2012
Such an unique perspective for a war film.
August 20, 2012
100% no jodan es imposible
½ July 8, 2012
Great cast. Interesting story. A little over romanticized, but still enjoyable.
April 19, 2012
lengvas, bet tikrai geras
November 1, 2011
It was fun. Good story of how CNN lucked out and was able to report as Baghdad was being bombed. Not great, but entertaining. The chemistry between Keaton and Bonham Carter was great.
September 25, 2011
Flawed in it's frenetic editing and pacing issues, but an engaging story and strong performances from Keaton and Bonham Carter keeps this HBO production to be an interesting watch.
August 21, 2011
We only watch Videos during the weekend; I am Out of town three days a week; the DVD's are all free at the library. We rarely watch the cable. !0% & 78% thats good
½ February 24, 2011
I couldn't even tell this was a made for tv movie; that's why I love HBO. Great cast, really enjoyed the film.
½ February 24, 2011
November 7, 2010
Helena is just amazing!!!
August 20, 2010
This was an amazing story. The special effects and scenery put you in a state of awe, terror, and give you a good bite of truth. This story in itself is great in so many ways and I think it is eye-opening for people to see the war on the other side of the fence and the utter destruction it brings. It begs the question; Is it really worth it? I think this film answers this question by showing the determination of journalists and their thirst to cover the truth about such a dire situation. The only fault I found with this movie was the acting. While they were emotional, it was not all it could be, especially from actors who have given better performances.
½ July 21, 2010
One of the best movies I've seen about electronic journalism.
½ May 7, 2010
It was good but it lacked something that made it forgettable.
March 24, 2010
Incredibly made, wonderful storytelling here each scene is done in with incredible attention to nuance of the characters, media, war, relationships etc - and the scenes flow seamlessly. I love the passion people have for their occupations, this is a great example of dedicated journalism against the odds. Keaton and Bonham Carter, along with a strong supporting cast deliver a well written, well shot script. Bonham Carter is a beautiful and wonderful talent - I wish she did more films like this and keep away from Burton's characterizations for a while.
September 12, 2009
Watching the war closing, slowly but surely approaching, was mesmerizing. Powerful movie, great story. Quality performances from everyone. But hey, that's what you get from HBO. Why wasn't this released in theaters. It would have deserved it. Great movie!
½ August 10, 2009