The Living and the Dead Reviews

• Nov 16, 2018

I was very intrigued by this movie, but after actually watching it really does not live up to the praise. It is not terrible, for example, the acting is fine and at least the portrayal of a mentally unsound person is not completely butchered. The cinematography works well and can convey some important aspects of the scene for the viewer. I enjoyed the movie for the first half, but this film soon deflates of all suspense. It delves into some dream-like sequences, but these just come off as pretentious. Overall this movies starts as a slow burn and leaves you wanting the ending going in a completely different way, and not in a good way.

• Apr 21, 2015

Not the regular horror... It's dark, it's emotional, it's genuine. Something that you're sure you'll remember for at least the next decade of your life.

• Feb 17, 2014

They've cocked this up and mashed 2 films together. This refers to the Simon Rumley film.

• Nov 30, 2013

Unbearable and exhausting for all the right reasons, The Living and the Dead was a bolt from the blue--'Psycho' on Acid!!

• May 06, 2013

At times unwatchable and unintentionally funny - that's how annoying, infuriating and unbelievable the lead character is. There's barely enough story here to fill 80 minutes, so we get plenty of long, predictable, drawn-out, repetitive scenes. What story there is has characters behaving like no human being ever would. The cinematography and set are well done, and there's a genuinely terrifying nightmare sequence. Kill List and Sightseers are such huge step ups from this.

• Mar 13, 2013

La arrende porque pense que era pelicula de terror XD Mas bien parece un corto que una pelicula con todas sus letras. Es algo lenta y repetitiva a proposito, tratando de ser artistica y original. En general me parecio buena pero seria mejor con varios minutos menos. Lo que mas me gusto fue la musica.

• Dec 13, 2012

Well, that's gross and depressing. A cautionary tale about what happens when you don't euthanize defectives. Tragedy unfolds in a decrepit English manor. Well shot madness.

• Oct 09, 2012

???? ????????? ... ???????????????????????????????????????? ?????????? How I met your mother ????????

• Oct 06, 2012

Twisted. Keeps you interested the whole time.

Twisted. Keeps you interested the whole time.

• Jun 21, 2012

A neat concept, done with neat style...but this film is SO damn annoying that it makes you cringe in all the wrong ways, and just hit the fast-forward button.