Living in Oblivion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Living in Oblivion Reviews

½ September 13, 2016
This rip on indie filmmaking is both realistic and amusing, as it peruses through the many possible scenarios of poor acting and behind-the-scenes drama -- all told very stylishly and cleverly.
½ May 20, 2016
A documentary masquerading as fiction.
May 12, 2016
Want to know what is to make a film when you have no money and an Brad Pitt resembling awful actor? Then this is your movie. A love song about making films with excellent performances. The best choice to explain your students a few things about filming.
February 7, 2016
As a filmmaker myself, it's wonderful therapy.
January 19, 2016
Labeled as a comedy, I didn't find myself constantly laughing but I did think it was a very good movie where Catherine Keener really shines.
½ November 22, 2015
i'd have to see it again to be sure of my rating, but i loved it when i saw it in manhattan in 1995.
September 16, 2015
Hilarious and extremely clever. This movie never misses a beat.
½ June 11, 2015
So clever, so funny, quite painful in places and shrewd in others. Ought to have a larger following, it's such a well-done skewering.
½ May 29, 2015
It doesn't get any more realistic than this take on low-budget independent filmmaking.
½ February 14, 2015
I love every scene in this movie. The cast couldn't be more perfect.
February 1, 2015
Filme em construção, meta-filme ou crónica de uma produção falhada: "Living in Oblivion" encaixa em cada uma dessas categorias, mas não é isso que o impede de ser uma desastrosa cagada, em vez do filme simpático para o qual até tinha potencial. Estávamos em 1995 e, com a explosão da Miramax, existiam condições e hype para um indie estrear a cada quinze dias. Só isso pode explicar o facto de alguém ter ido para a frente com um argumento tão sem graça como este. Fiquei mal disposto nos últimos 20 minutos.
November 25, 2014
A well-acted film with well-written dialogue, "Living in Oblivion" drives the theme of how hard filmmaking is into the ground. Although true, the point is made in the first part of the film, and the other two parts are just repetitive. All three parts are fun in their own rights, but they do not meld together as well as they should. It should have stayed a short film.
July 29, 2014
Brilliant, hilarious filmmaking.
April 25, 2014
Hilarious and surprisingly very accurate.
March 18, 2014
A vintage scrap of the 90s that showcases a young Buscemi in the shambley light of a struggling NYC theater actor and a simple plot which pokes fun at film production
March 7, 2014
really clever and funny.
½ January 12, 2014
Estéticamente realizada, está comedia es una mirada a la complejidad de la produccion desde todos los angulos posibles.
January 9, 2014
This is a descent film. Acting overall was pretty good but certain moments that characters had seemed a bit goofy and repetitive. Overall I wouldn't buy the blu-ray but probably the dvd if it was on sale.
July 26, 2013
A low-budget meta comedy that I could relate to even with my limited experience in making films, though it is by design somewhat repetitive and ended just as I was getting into it.