Living in the Future's Past Reviews

• May 02, 2020

Touches on many concepts but has no flow and jumps around, unfortunately it just seems poorly put together overall. Good concept for a doco like this and was really looking forward to it but failed to inspire me.

• Sep 23, 2019

I did not agree with everything presented in the movie, nor its taking pot shots at Trump, which everyone in Hollywood seems to have jumped onto this bandwagon. What the movie did point out is that the problem is too many people. This makes the case for Trump not wanting to allow overpopulation through allowing immigrants in who deliberately overpopulate. Islam can never be environmental because it promotes invasion and conquest through overpopulation and the movie points out that every person alive on the planet depletes the resources of the planet - that for a person to live, other living creatures must die, and the planet is further degraded. We are all interconnected to this planet and unless we put a stop to belief systems that deny and encourage overpopulation so their gene pool can dominate the planet, we are sunk.

• Aug 18, 2019

I think every lawmaker, every corporate CEO, needs to see this repeatedly until it permeates their skulls.

• Jul 30, 2019

Jeff Bridges and all those who worked hard to make this film need to be applauded. This was superb work! I always appreciate any piece that can open my mind even further and help me to think even deeper about our planet, our future, our existence, other species and how we are all together in this thing we call life.

• Jan 09, 2019

Not a great title since I can never remember it, but a great movie with a beautiful message and motivation. If every American got the message of this beautiful movie, all of our most serious problems would be solved.

• Nov 08, 2018

This film completely reframes the narrative of the typical 'environmental documentary', instead focusing on the behavior, trends, and impact of humanity from a psychological and ethical perspective. It is truly groundbreaking to capture such a diverse array of thought leaders and scientists in one film - offering disprate yet completmentary perspectives on why we find ourselves in this current state of uncertainty and how we can all engage - do our part for positive change. From the incredible visuals, score, and narrative journey... Filmmaker Susan Kucera does a brilliant job for nimbly transcending the doc-status-quo, opting instead for a more intellectually challenging and inspiring course for this remarkable film.

• Oct 15, 2018

This is a great doc. Wonderful mesmerizing photography and thought provoking content. I wasn't aware before this movie how much we are intwined in the carbon economy and how much our way of life is dependent on it. This is a must view for all people who want to understand what is going on in our world today as it relates to climate change. It is also an eye opener in terms of why we have a hard time changing our ways using evolutionary biology to illuminate this issue. Highly recommended.

• Oct 09, 2018

90 mins Of random inCohesive stock footages. There were some interesting nuGgets of Wisdom in between too many experts spewing incoherent Academic Phenomenons. This Isnt the movie that is Going to Save the worlD.

• Oct 08, 2018