Living on Tokyo Time Reviews

• Jul 06, 2012

This movie was really cute.

This movie was really cute.

• Dec 26, 2009

A movie that Japanese Americans that lived through the 1980s can relate to. Kinda slow at times, but it has a lot of bittersweet comedy in it. A modern tale of cultural clash between a Japanese girl and a Japanese American guy, who is too frequently identified as Japanese by white Americans. He does not speak Japanese and does not like Japanese food.

• Jul 27, 2009

Humorous and underrated Japanese comedy. Very funny at times, although timing is slow. If you are patient, you'll be in for a cute, not-really-that-romantic comedy. I'd definitely recommend a viewing of it.

• Dec 08, 2008

I saw this film when I first moved to San Francisco. The actors where inexperienced, but it was a well written script that I could relate to.

• Mar 17, 2008

A different kind of comedy about self-discovery.

A different kind of comedy about self-discovery.

• Mar 09, 2008

The subject is interesting but the movie is slow and some bad acting made the movie hard to watch.

• Jan 17, 2008

every asian american esp in the bay area should watch this. hip and realistically presents asians as what they are : SUPER KOOOOL!

• Nov 19, 2007

A small film with a lot of ideas. In the vein of early Jarmusch or Spike Lee. A fantastic lost film. Watch it.

• Nov 02, 2007

Funny and observant low-budget indie in the style of Jarmusch. Not much of a story, and the acting is clearly amateurish, but while this is no classic it's refreshing to see Asian-Americans play themselves.