Reviews

• 6d ago

Not sure I have seen anything so purely giallo before, though I've seen quite a few by Argento. Didn't quite expect so much similarity to the noir genre, this is very much a hardboiled detective story wrapped up with some horror/gore imagery and a topping of Freudianism. Very stylish, fantastic Ennio Morricone score and keeps you guessing about the killer to the very end.

• Sep 16, 2021

Decent Story about an heiress whose neighbour is murdered. Included strange scenes with hippy drug addicts.

• Apr 11, 2021

Um giallo clássico. Só me pergunto onde tava a largatixa.. 🤔

Um giallo clássico. Só me pergunto onde tava a largatixa.. 🤔

• May 08, 2020

Backed by a stylish Ennio Morricone score, Lizard in a Woman's Skin offers sleek cinematography, taut pacing, surprisingly graphic imagery, and a wonderfully twisting plot. Deserving of its status as a prime giallo classic.

• Nov 09, 2018

this is one of my favorite giallo films

this is one of my favorite giallo films

• Nov 21, 2017

There's some cool visuals, and music, with a couple genuinely suspenseful sequences, but ultimately not Fulcis strongest film.

• Jan 25, 2016

Style somewhat undone by a lot of blather

Style somewhat undone by a lot of blather

• Aug 23, 2015

Italian produced giallo film set in London, UK. Unlike other giallo films I've watched this is in no way a slasher horror type film and as such is an example that the genre encompasses non-horror films. This film is a Cleudo like murder mystery. A pretty good one at that leaving the viewer flirting from suspect to suspect. The film has a little bit of murderous blood from the stabbing murder scene and a totally unnecessary dog scene that I have just learnt lead to court proceedings in Italy. The director Lucio Fulci shows as writer as well that he can produce a variety of films. He went on to direct Zombie Flesh Eaters. This film features some common aspects of the giallo genre. Disturbing violence, vivid colours and iconography of the sets. The film also features lesbianism as one of its central plotlines. The lesbianism forms the backbone of the murder plot we discover. For non-giallo watchers I highly recommended this as a starting point in the genre.

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Dec 21, 2014

It doesn't take a genius to see that the stupid twist in the end doesn't make any sense after all that came before, and this trashy, nonsensical giallo is even more excruciating with its inept direction, ugly zooms, hideous trembling camera, cheesy music and terrible acting from everyone.

• Dec 13, 2014

My favourite Fulci film and a must see for all giallo fans!

My favourite Fulci film and a must see for all giallo fans!