Lloyd The Conqueror - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lloyd The Conqueror Reviews

September 25, 2014
Oh, indie fantasy themed comedies... It's a hard road to walk. The script is like something your friend wrote, but then there's a 50 piece Prague Orchestra doing the score and an actual metal soundtrack deal behind it. Brian Posehn gets the role of his lifetime. Tegan Moss is the Canadian girl American guys dream aboot. I enjoyed it. I get why people don't, but part of me likes that other people dedicated their time to making this film. And in the end I think it's better we get films like this than "Free Samples".
January 30, 2014
It was funny in that "Todd and the Book of Pure Evil" way. Brian Posehn is HILARIOUS always.
September 25, 2013
I enjoyed the Lloyd the conqueror. It was a small movie with a big idea. Very nice change from the Hollywood rubbish audiences are subjected to. The humour was subtle and characters very strong.
September 23, 2013
Small time Canadian comedy about live action role playing. It does try, very hard but everything about it is just so very, very boring. There was one maybe two bits I laughed at, it was terribly unfunny, it was a waste of my time and a waste of yours if you ever watch it. Don't do it.
April 23, 2013
My feelings about Lloyd The Conqueror are very mixed, one the one hand I has a really nice charm to it showing that with great creativity you don't have to have a big budget to make a fantasy hero style story.

However the story itself isn't very good, its pretty much your generic zero to hero, fall from grace, rise to win storyline but a the same time its very amusing to watch a hilarious ride and you can tell the actors with this film really enjoyed making this cause c'mon it makes Larp'ing look like a lot of fun no matter how silly you look. I wouldn't say this film has sold me on Larp'ing but like cosplay its defiantly got me intrigued.

It's hard to say weather or not this film is worth seeing so this one might be one you'll want to rent out on an unplanned weekend and judge for yourself.
October 28, 2012
Funny, fresh, genuine, a real good time