Lo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lo Reviews

April 4, 2015
Brilliant writing, very like a play.
½ December 22, 2013
The oddness of this movie is what makes it watchable.
September 29, 2013
Original, funny, dark and entertaining. I didn't expected to like it as much as I did.
Love is Hell
May 3, 2013
This is one of my favorite movie, now it is not without fault but I really enjoy it. It would most likely work better as a theatre piece but it's blend of comedy, drama, horror, and overall tone makes this film work dispute this fact.
this movie may not be for everyone but I can't help but enjoy it
March 4, 2013
An amazing experimental horror film that delves deeper than most films do, considering it's restricted setting. Great lighting, make-up, acting, and story call for this film to have much more recognition than it has gotten.
½ March 3, 2013
A quirky story, which is an unusual mix of horror, black comedy, and romance. It quickly drew me in to reveal more complexity than at first met the eye.
March 1, 2013
A different, unique, bizarre and gruesome rom-com. It's a rom-com that doesn;t feel like a rom-com. Some of the humor works, some does not but the core story and the fantastic, funny and scary character of Lo is what makes this film an absolute must-see. Seek this film out and give it a watch, you'll be glad you did.
½ February 25, 2013
This film has been on my Netflix queue for more than a year. The poster art looked interesting to me, plus I saw there were several film festival parenthesis above the title...figured it would be a good movie. I was way wrong, this movie was terrible from beginning to end. None of the characters or actors were likable, and it seemed it was more of a student film quality . Oh well...time waster.
February 2, 2013
A great little film that is a mix of hilarity its definitly a dark comedy but with a great twist watch it have fun with it and remember its cheaply made
January 24, 2013
C+

What did I just watch..?
December 15, 2012
Interesting film this one. It is essentially a stage play that has been filmed about a man who summons a demon to try and rescue the woman he loves from hell. Well worth watching with an interesting idea.
December 15, 2012
this moivie is terrible
November 29, 2012
I absolutely LOVED this movie-
The characters were interesting, the story line compelling and frankly the fact that it takes place in one place and just shows visions of other scenes just adds to the twisted humor of the situation, and lo as a character was just immaculate, full of a mixture of taunts, dark humor and a strange- yet still twisted- compassion, always warning the main character to turn back and warns him of what could happen

All in all-
Beautiful movie that deserves more recognition than what it gets
November 4, 2012
Very fun to watch. Enjoyable to watch with friends.
October 28, 2012
La historia hubiera podido ser buena, pero con pĂ (C)simas actuaciones y una trama sin sentido y ridĂ­cula pierde todo su potencial en 10 minutos, aunque el enfoque artistico hacia Lo es muy bueno
½ October 10, 2012
The spookiest comedy I've seen
½ October 9, 2012
"Lo" is a strange, strange little film. Filmed on an amazingly low budget, this movie is a wildly inventive, horror/comedy/romance mash-up that takes the look and feel of a live theater production, and siphons it into a claustrophobic, campy little art film...
This film is about demons, magic spell books, and the supernatural -- pretty common place, horror movie fare, but the twist here is mostly in the cinematography and the dialogue.
"Lo" is full of witty banter and self-awareness: the fact that this film was influenced by cult franchises "Buffy, The Vampire Slayer" and "The Return Of The Living Dead" couldn't be more obvious.
The acting is a little choppy at times, and the picture has the grainy look of a movie from the '90s (which I'm almost certain was intentional by the director), but the high points of the film are definitely it's make-up design (with the one exception of a talking hand -- you'll see); it's great script; compellingly original storyline; and the simple fact that the entire freakin' movie was shot in one room with VERY limited set pieces!
"Lo" is amazingly funny, brilliant, zany, and at times kinda creepy... it won numerous accolades from indie film awards, and is well worth a watch if not just for the giant dancing rats and musical numbers performed by a triceratops-head demon in a nazi uniform. I give "Lo" a 9 out of 10 ("great"). XD
½ September 29, 2012
This really was a great, independent film, even though it was more like a theater play. A single, black background set is where most of this movie took place, but what really stood out to me was the makeup, the acting, and the script. The makeup was excellent with exception to Justin's hand, which was unacceptable since it looked completely fake. The acting was good enough, and I thought the demons were spot-on perfect. The dialogue was great too, even with some of the scenes dragging. However, It's an indie horror meets romantic comedy and it pulled it off. I saw it on Netflix and if anyone has Netflix, I would definitely recommend this.
July 1, 2012
I was skeptical at first, seeing as there was a growing number of people not enjoying this movie, but I don't regret watching it at all. Many people don't like this movie because it is different, and original as well, but these reasons seemed to be the reasons why I enjoyed it so much. The movie focuses on Justin, who is summoning the demon Lo to search for his love, April. What makes this movie different is the fact that the it focuses on Justin, sitting in a pentagram, with everything else going on around him. A lot is left to the imagination, but flashbacks in the form of a play provide a visual to give your imagination a break. Well worth a watch, and even if you don't enjoy it as much as some, you will at least have experienced something different from almost any movie you've seen before.
July 1, 2012
Loved it! It feels like a play, easily my favorite movie