Lo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lo Reviews

½ June 15, 2012
A fun, original, un-expected movie that is now a cult favorite for me. Hilarious because of some perfect comedic timing with interesting visuals done on the cheap. As things un-ravel and become a bit more serious it becomes less endearing and the ending leaves some plot holes in the rest of the movie that hadn't existed before. Not enough though to take away from the films demonic charm.
May 31, 2012
I normally don't care about movies because they are all too similar, but this one is original. It was awesome to watch a movie that hasn't come out a million times already.
½ May 7, 2012
A demonic movie with a heart of pure gold! While it can be a little to quirky for it's own good at times, The humor and touching moments more than make up for it.
April 6, 2012
It sucks that I had to go through a different search engine to find this movie on this website. I saw this movie back in 2010 and it's remained one of my favorite indie flicks to date. I film-maker with a no-budget created a film of off-kilter, funny, passionate, and enjoyable charm. I've watched the film at least four times and I still don't get bored with it.
April 1, 2012
*SPOILERISH* This movie looks, sounds and feels like it was made in front of a live audience. The flashback style scenes deserve praise. This is a unique piece of film. The character Lo was definitely frightening, as was his friend in the uniform. Great makeup job! I thought the dialogue and character interaction was well thought out. The ending was sad and unexpected.
½ March 23, 2012
It didn't always know when to take itself seriously or not, but overall, pretty good.
Definitely not for everyone. In fact not sure who it was for, but if you like horror comedies like "evil dead" or "tucker and dale vs evil" you might like this. Note that I don't think this is as good as either one of the above movies.
March 21, 2012
This was a very interesting movie to say the least. It's not your typical film and is definitely not for everyone. I think I would describe this one as a very bizarre, experimental, black comedy.
February 16, 2012
Great low budget movie!!
½ February 15, 2012
There are a few moments where I got distracted but the over all story and film was quirky and touching. I definitely dug the song "Demon Girl", kind of catchy in its own way.
February 12, 2012
Impressive movie, considering that it used little no special effects and basically just told a really good story. I could have done without the musical numbers but it was worth watching.
½ February 1, 2012
Well, I know the recommendation said not to but I had just the day before reading it. I didn't find it as bad but it wasn't great. Had amazing potential for somethnig great. A little fine tuning of the story and drop the whole weird theater act and made into an actual movie with great flashback sequences and this would of been amazing. I still enjoyed it though. Most will find it out there and some will hate it. I found a few things wrong, one of the demons sucked(the sergant pepper lookin dude) and Lo was just great though. Wasn't too funny or too scary and did really well. The other actors need a bit of help but what do you really expect from a low budget film? Watch if you feel like but I am just giving you my opinion.
December 24, 2011
I wanted to like it more, it had it's moments. But in the end it was just okay
November 16, 2011
One of the most interesting movies I have ever seen on Netflix.
September 28, 2011
I was surprised many times by Lo-by the style, by the story, by the humor, by the clever mixing of genres, even by the music. But most of all by how much I grew to really like this movie as it unfolded. It has a bizarre charm that endeared itself to me much like how the bizarre April endears herself to the main character, Justin. And like April, it has a much bigger heart than you would expect.
September 12, 2011
not what i expected at first but i do say i like it. Demons, humor and love in one movie. perfect combo for me :)
September 11, 2011
Very interesting film. The whole movie really relies on it dialog only. I mean there are a few characters that have excellent make up, but there is no special effects. It is just a simple dialog type movie. Lo is a demon played by Jeremiah Birkett and he did an amazing job; although Lo kind of reminded me of a weird looking Grinch. He was summoned by Ward Roberts to find his girlfriend played by Sarah Lassez. Everyone in the film did a great job. Most of the film had Lo talking and his dialog was funny and entertaining. The only scene that really annoyed me was a musical number by Devin Barry. Then there was a small scene with a dancing waiter that kind of threw me off too. It really lost my interest in the film. Other than that, it was pretty good. The whole story was good with a nice ending. It is basically saying, how far would you go to get the girl you love back. Would you face Hell? All the little characters in this film were really fun to watch and even though it was low budget, it still was done well. A good piece that shows you do not need special effects to make a movie.
½ August 27, 2011
Lo is one those indie flicks that is truly unique. Lo blurs the lines between horror,comedy, and romance with a very solid script. Though the main attraction of Lo is the setting of the film and how it all takes place in one area but enhances this small area with it's characters, very similar to a play.
August 16, 2011
In this sometimes quirky yet serious movie, Justin is distraught at the kidnapping of the woman he's madly in love with, April. Using a book she gave to him, he summons a demon to search through hell to find her. A one part comedy, one part love story, this movie combines the best of both genres in a very unique way.
July 24, 2011
What prompted me to watch this film was all the film awards I saw lined up at the top. I was disappointed. It was corny. I added a star because there were some clever parts to the story. The ending was good but the rest just felt like I was forced into a bad play by a friend in the cast. It could easily become a cult movie to the right audience but not for me. I really struggled to get to the end of the one hour and twenty minutes it took to watch this film.
July 3, 2011
Definitely not perfect. Coming into this movie, I didn't think I would like it at all. The camera angles were dirt, the main character unlovable, and the the filler scenes awkward and obvious. Still, watching all the way to the end, the predictable finish was so beautifully done, I would watch it all over again and again.