Loch Ness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Loch Ness Reviews

½ October 25, 2015
Not much of a rollicking adventure or discovery story, but instead a slight, sedate morality tale about community, a bit like "Local Hero" but with plesiosaurs. Well cast and performed, with some lovely domestic moments, but very disposable, with some questionable resolutions. But the absolutely stunning location scenery (and Richardson) make this well worth a look.
August 10, 2015
Lackluster and no heart, Loch Ness has a few good scenes, but just "a few good scenes" doesn't save it from being a complete snoozefest.
May 22, 2014
To my surprise a really charming low key film about a discredited professor on search for the Loch Ness in Scotland.

On his travels he comes across pub owner Joely Richardson & sparks fly, also her daughter is also key to Loch Ness.

Filled with good humour, nice simple story & great characters. I was quite surprised how poorly this film was at the Box Office, it has a lot going for it...a rare treat!
May 7, 2014
Loch Ness is a forgettable, try-hard kid-friendly movie that wears padded gloves in its storyline. It never moves beyond average, and the acting is only so-so.
March 4, 2014
Fairly entertaining and inoffensive but also so ordinary that it ends up rather forgettable.
June 12, 2013
There's Some Things That Are Meant To Be Left Alone--A warm and gentle story!!
March 7, 2013
Pretty typical kid movie. Joely Fisher has a great Scottish accent and Ted Danson plays the same role he always does. I liked it because I had a Scottish hankering...
January 20, 2013
It's, not, "Stunning".. But Watchable, once; Yeah!..
½ January 14, 2013
Loch Ness is an incredibly depressing picture masquerading as romance, where a scientist on the verge of a discovery of immense importance buries his evidence in order to pursue a relationship. It doesn't help that the performances are largely wooden, nor that Scots are made out to be superstitious idiots. Avoid.
January 13, 2013
worth watching to pass the time
January 13, 2013
Very Interesting Story
October 20, 2012
Nothing to see here.
April 16, 2012
i like the version that has Ted Danson as Jonathan Dempsey!
½ February 14, 2012
Family friendly film for the dreamers in all of us.
July 11, 2011
I remember this movie! One of my favorites as a kid.
July 2, 2011
Dreadful film. Dour scenery, dour acting and plot. Dour special effects. Dour.
May 5, 2011
Really really not good!!
March 5, 2011
A mildly entertaining family movie. My kids were hesitant to watch it
because it is "so old." No stand outs in the acting department, and I
usually really enjoy Danson. The creature effects from Jim Hensen
Studios are the highlights of the movie. The story is predictable and
mostly uninvolving. Catch it on a very slow night and it just might
come across as worthwhile.
January 23, 2011
This movie touched some very interesting factors about the mystical Loch Ness Monster. Ted Danson stars as an US scientist who travels to Scotland with the agenda to prove the existence of the Loch Ness monster. This movie was easy going and interesting, I liked the story and the fine touch of humour it has.
½ January 21, 2011
Surprisingly not as stupid as it looks like.