Lockout - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lockout Reviews

June 29, 2016
Not bad as it seems for guy pierce but this one marks a outer space adventure with mediocre cast and acting but still enjoyable flick. 3 out of 5
½ June 29, 2016
I really enjoyed Lockout. It was a thrilling film and Guy Pearce and Maggie Grace's performances were amazing. On the down side it took a little time to get whats going on. This movie is also very funny thanks to Guy Pearce. GRADE:A-
June 29, 2016
A falsely convicted ex-government agent will get a chance at freedom after going on a dangerous mission in outer space to rescue the president's daughter, held hostage at a maximum security prison.

stars Guy Pearce, Maggie Grace, Vincent Regan, Joseph Gilgun, Lennie James, Peter Stormare, Jacky Ido, Tim Plester, Mark Tankersley , Anne-Solenne Hatte, Peter Hudson, Nick Hardin, Bojan Peric, Thomas Kelly, Michael Sopko, Yan Dron, Milorad Kapor, Jason Ryan and Jovan B. Todorovic.

directed by James Mather and Stephen St Leger
June 29, 2016
I had enough fun with the action scenes in the movie but there are definitely multiple flaws to be addressed. The effects are not very good, the movie is almost too implausible, and the acting is passable at best. Its a good movie to just turn your brain off and have a good time but its not up with the best action thrillers. Also it doesn't really use the whole "space prison" concept to its full creative potential. Nonetheless, I had some fun and was on the edge of my seat in this sci fi action movie and think its fine to watch once.
½ June 29, 2016
this movie is the quintessential one liner action movie. per usual Guy Pearce does not dissapoint with a better than most performance. I think i appreciated the fact that the movie was exactly what it advertaised it would be, nothing more, nothing less, just a fun rollercoaster ride in space.
June 29, 2016
Luc Bresson lets us down again.
½ June 29, 2016
If you'd like to eat popcorn and look at Guy Pearce's arms, this is the movie for you.
½ June 29, 2016
Well its youre stereotypical action flick with a little kick to it which i like. Its in space and it sorta throws twists at you along the way playing against the cannon. Its nothing special but its good. Go check it out.
June 29, 2016
cool concept great action!
This movie is TERRIBLE LOL
June 29, 2016
What a miserable hunk of junk....why Pearce why???
June 29, 2016
Liked the comedy scenes of the movie :P
½ June 29, 2016
Very cool but some cheesy techniques are used.
June 29, 2016
Exceptional idea but lacked plot and the follow through. Tons of action but mainly just felt like an outer space prison break action montage. If the plot was better and the character development was more dynamic it would've been a great movie.
June 29, 2016
A little bit of Die Hard. A little bit of Escape from New York. A lot of Arnold Action Film craziness. Mix together and cook at 1000 degrees in space for a good time. Fun old fashioned popcorn action. I liked it.
½ June 29, 2016
Yes, the whole product was trashy but it was a lot of fun. A good trash indeed.
½ June 29, 2016
Remember how Batman & Robin was a script built entirely out of one-liners? Now imagine if that had actually worked out... Now set it in space.
½ June 29, 2016
On a basic scale, Lockout is entertaining with some of the most enjoyable action cliches. The plot isn't too original, but the setting helps. The characters aren't the most developed, but they're fun to watch. The CGI ranges, with some shots looking pretty unfinished. All in all, the movie hits most of its marks.
½ June 29, 2016
For what it's worth, this movie is actually quite excellent. People forget that a generic movie nowadays is a romantic drama with some comedy involved. THIS is the epic, one-liner dishing, atmosphere-tearing shooter that made me acknowledge Guy Pearce as an action star. If Luc Besson is involved, it's likely to be awesome.
½ June 29, 2016
Almost as fun as those action flicks from the mid 80's..just wished I'd understood the bad guy