The Lodge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lodge Reviews

June 28, 2015
Plenty good for laughs at the terrible performances, awful script and characters who don't just act stupid - they LIVE stupid.
Favourite line - "You kicked me right in the balls, Julia. That's just not cool."
January 2, 2015
Not to shabby horror movie but more of a thriller perhaps. I have seen dozen of these kind of flick over the years. Story are usually very similar in all of them. Not any famous actors here but its an average B movie and worth seeing in my opinion.
½ July 5, 2014
I seen some poor movies and this is one of the best (of the poor movies)
½ May 12, 2014
What a terrible movie. Acting was abysmal and my five year old daughter is a better writer (she now can spell dog). The start is very slow and the overly obvious creep is the killer. Watching the film is the horror!
½ February 15, 2014
A horror with nothing really going for it except the pretty female lead, The Lodge cons you into thinking it's going to be a haunted house type thing but just ends up being a random serial killer with a muddy little daughter, or some type of relation,(why is she so dirty?I'm sure that was never explained) tricking a couple who visit the lodge for the weekend, into thinking that he's the caretaker. It starts off ok, there's a couple of creepy bits but that's it really. I've just told you everything about it so now you don't need to waste your time watching it!
February 9, 2014
The Lodge is your usual, run of the mill horror film. The story is very predictable and the acting is weak. I give this flick 1 star.
November 27, 2013
Quite possibly the worst film I have ever seen. The acting was horrific but nothing else came close to horror. Pink fake blood was ridiculous. The story doesn't go anywhere interesting. Not even worth watching if you like trashy horrors. The description about finding out about the girl isn't what happens at all. They don't even question the guy about the girl, so the person who wrote the description obviously hasn't even watched it...not that I can blame them. Please for you own sake do not watch this, it's a waste of time.
October 13, 2013
Rottentomatoes described this film as Will creep the hell out of you , sorry to disappoint the person who write that but if they thought this film would creep you out please please dont watch anything more frighten than scooby doo as this film will send you to sleep it has more ham than in a butchers window a very very boring film , i will certainly watch out for a rottentomatoe review on other films and pass them by as i sorry to say they would not know a horror film if it came up and bit them on the behind
½ July 28, 2013
Load of crap.
One of the worst ice seen.
May 14, 2013
I really didn't like this. It's boring, dull, and it's a total rip-off of some other movies I've seen. And it's very low-budgeted. I don't recommend watching this.
½ May 10, 2013
Suspenseful but story breaks down toward the end.(Chiller Channel)
½ April 19, 2013
its a decent thriller interesting story slow though
½ March 7, 2013
very slow horror,tagline says the shining meets cabin in the woods,how very wrong they were,2nd half aint too bad its just getting through the 1st hour thats the problem
January 19, 2013
Bad script worse acting and absolutely no originality at all avoid at all costs!
January 8, 2013
The film makes no sense at all worst film I've ever seen don't waste your time or money
½ December 17, 2012
Not a bad thriller, just seem real fake to me. Acting was a tad bit corny but story wasn't to bad. Not a must see by any means but can pass the time.
November 4, 2012
Predictable plot, nothing scary, is this even a horror movie? Terrible one!
September 5, 2011
bad ending. not very good
September 1, 2011
"The Lodge" watched on Dish Network's, "The Chiller" Channel. The plot a typical stranded situation with a killer on the loose for no justifiable means in the, "real world" but very suspenseful intense and quite entertaining. I was fooled a few times as I expected the usual, "THIS" is GOTTA be what happens next, but not in this case. That's a personal opinion, as always, its a matter of ones own perspective. But, the end, I don't want to spoil it, "it sucked and it was TYPICAL". You should watch it though. ( with swears, not on Chiller)
August 28, 2011
Watching this tonite thought I feel like maybe I have already seen it.