London Boulevard - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

London Boulevard Reviews

½ January 2, 2014
A good soundtrack laid over what seems like recycled bits of other movies.
½ December 31, 2013
Morons on Flixster have it wong this a great little movie don't listen to these idiots.
December 15, 2013
what happens when a crook gets out of jail, tries to live a life working from a movie starlet but gets sucked back into the criminal world when his best friend betrays him. this movie is great. toys lots of action, drama and a little bit of romance. Very entertaining.
½ December 15, 2013
A stylish film, but was pretty lost as there was a lot going on in this film and it seems like a lot was left off the script. There seemed to be some un-necessary plots and the ones that were necessary weren't connecting together.
December 7, 2013
Low ratings but I thought this was a very good film, thought it makes me miss London and want to go back. He really only forgot one part, when you go gangster you gotta go full kindnesses only come back to haunt you.
November 13, 2013
Not bad but had some issues. The twist and turns reminded me of The American with George Cooney, but it was not as good.
October 23, 2013
Saw it but don't really remember it.
October 16, 2013
A missed opportunity.
October 6, 2013
Stylish dark black comedy, with great actors in most of the roles. Loved the Iceman take off, and the dense plot with twists to the end with nearly everyone getting killed by persons they least expect to do the deed.
October 3, 2013
The soundtrack is the best thing about it. It's sort of Layer Cake-esque, minus the icing and cherries on top.
½ September 20, 2013
I failed to see any plot in this movie, I still don't understand what I was looking... I wonder if the book is this bad...
September 9, 2013
Utter mess despite a respectable performance from Colin Farrell.
August 31, 2013
Mildly confused throughout... both me and the film. I love Colin and Keira but expected more from the two. I don't like gangster violence in films either, so should probably have avoided this one.
½ August 17, 2013
All style and no substance. But, there is a good deal of style.
August 9, 2013
I very much enjoyed watching this. Like the accent. If this was done by Quentin Tarantino it would have been a classic. This is classic crime drama any way, nice directing, acting, story, music. The ending is sad too.
August 2, 2013
Great cast in this mix of Bodyguard meets Godfather meets Angry Guy just left Prison.
July 30, 2013
An excellent cast from the British Isles, although given the star value the gangster storyline feels forced given the array of films we've seen all these actors in before, a lesser known cast may have worked better. It's not the best script for them to work with though.
½ July 16, 2013
I couldn't bear the idea of watching the whole movie just after I got 15 minutes into it.
½ July 11, 2013
I've no idea what this movie was about or what the purpose/point was, apart from trying to depict 'east end' gangsters in the modern day. Approach with caution.
June 30, 2013
LONDON BOULEVARD is one lousy movie. I love a bad movie so the negative reviews got me into the theatre. I always hope for a pleasant surprise, one where I say "critics are fucked... this is brilliant!" So such luck with this one. LONDON BOULEVARD is so inept, I don't know where to begin. It's one of those films where you think, have these people ever seen a movie before? Clearly they have. The film is filled with Oscar nominees and directed by Academy Award winning writer William Monahan. But it's just a big mess--uneven performances, 60s soundtrack that makes no sense, and dialogue that tries way too hard to be "real." Then the movie is sliced, diced, and edited so badly that it feels like someone took hundreds of scenes, threw them in the air, and then pasted them together randomly. LONDON BOULEVARD is really that bad, and not fun bad, just bad. First time director, Monahan, will hopefully have better luck with his next film BECKET.