Lonely Hearts Reviews

• Jun 25, 2014

(***): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img]

(***): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img]

• Mar 23, 2011

I found the movie to be odd and a bit dull at times. But, for some strange reason I could not turn it off wondering what was going to happen next. I understand the fact that this was a love story, but I couldn't really find a plot about the film. The story is weak, and could've been better.

• Feb 02, 2011

good character driven drama

good character driven drama

• May 03, 2008

A heartwarming love story - an unlikely couple, a 50 year old eccentric piano tuner and a shy bank clerk who is 20 yrs his junior find themselves paired off through a dating service, and surprise surprise, fall in love! The lead actors do an amzing job of convincing us of their genuine affection for each other, and this is the sort of movie that reaffirms one's faith in love and gives hope to those that feel disillusioned. Highly recommended!

• Mar 18, 2008

One of the small but valuable gems of Australian cinema, Lonely Hearts is a gently ascerbic film, if there is such a thing, exploring an Australia from a rather different perspective than was the usual case in the 70s and 80s.

• Feb 21, 2008

With this film it was simple, sweet, sensitive, quirky, low-key, awkward at times but generally believable, observant and rewarding, and with moments of fine, unexpected humour

• Aug 08, 2007

Just about watchable.

Just about watchable.

• Jun 13, 2007

Simple, sweet, sensitive, quirky, low-key, awkward at times but generally believable, observant and rewarding, and with moments of fine, unexpected humour- a film with most of the Paul Cox qualities and none of the heavy pretentiousness that sometimes makes his films hard work- check it out!

• Mar 16, 2007

i love it for my mom heheheheh wanna view it ahuh?.....its nice like other's..

i love it for my mom heheheheh wanna view it ahuh?.....its nice like other's..

• Nov 27, 2006