Long Day's Journey into Night Reviews

• Mar 31, 2015

Incredible acting, but it gave me a headache. Every character was screwed up to the point of overkill, which I gather was the point. It was like a marathon of drama queens, each getting at least one, if not four chances, to emote to the point of hysteria. Jack Lemmon certainly impressed, as did an untethered, Brando-like Kevin Spacy. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for this much melodrama.

• Pamela D Super Reviewer
    Feb 01, 2009

Long winded as always, autobiographical with license, and what can I say? I love Eugene. His work is tedious but so devastatingly true, like standing naked in front of a mirror.

• Dec 01, 2008

Fascinating movie about the mind and the way people interact.

Fascinating movie about the mind and the way people interact.

• Jan 03, 2008

Kevin Spacey. . .YES!!!

Kevin Spacey. . .YES!!!

• Sep 26, 2007

Outstanding performances highlight this televised version of the 1986 stage triumph of Eugene O'Neill's electrifying play about a family whose lives continuously crumble with each hour in one day. Lemmon is brilliant as the patriarch, a faded matinee idol; Leslie, as a dope addict; Spacey, exceptional as a drunken loafer and Gallagher as the youngest son, stricken with consumption. Passionate acting, superb pacing and top notch direction make this extraordinary production worth the watch.