The Long Gray Line - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Long Gray Line Reviews

½ June 25, 2008
one of the best movie ever... Maureen O'Hara and Tyrone Powers were fantastic in this movie...
May 21, 2008
Sentimental and smart, deceptively simple and extremely complicated... classic John Ford, in other words. I laughed, I cried, I pondered issues of class, race, and nationalism.
March 9, 2008
So good. Tyrone Power and Maureen O'Hara make a great pair. I loved this movie.
January 29, 2008
I love it. Very historical, very inspiring, and very Irish.
September 23, 2007
Good sappy salute to west point. I enjoyed watching this movie when I was 12, and still like it today.
August 19, 2007
Power's Irish schtick is obnoxious and the film is nothing more than 138 minutes of unamusing anecdotes about an uninteresting career.
August 17, 2007
Overly sentimental and corny but still a great film. John Ford's salute to West Point - based on a true story
June 15, 2007
OMG! I can't believe this is up here already! Probably my second fave Ford after 7 Women. It's about how communities function, like viewing a mitochondrion under a microscope . So even if you're as staunchly against the war in Iraq as I am, you should be in tears at the climactic Christmas reunion.
June 9, 2007
One of the Best, tribut films to west point you'll ever watch, when i first saw it ten years ago it it was shown on telavision, but they don't show it anymore, so if you decide to buy a war movie, buy this movie, i swear you won't regret it.
June 4, 2007
Very good movie. If you know where we can ge this movie. So should see is as well.
½ April 5, 2007
great....oldie....Tyrone Power at his best.....Charming...check it out.......mmmm........
February 19, 2007
long lank weeds.. lols
November 29, 2006
A truly moving piece of work. I recommend it to everyone! Love the mix of the Irish accents and temper with the military...not to mention some very handsome cadets...
½ August 21, 2006
Reminded me of The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp.. it was alright. (Please excuse my lack of eloquence today lol)
½ June 27, 2006
One of my favorites.
yram212001
May 17, 2006
great look at the tradition and history of West Point, accurate or not its a great film