Long Lost Reviews

• Jun 05, 2019

If you were to be told that the inciting incident of Erik Bloomquist's exquisitely directed Long Lost involved marshmallow consumption and the repetition of the phrase, "fluffy bunny," you'd think you were in for a milquetoast after school program for children. And you wouldn't be further from the truth. Richard and Seth - holed up in a house with two other houseguests - indulge in a form of child's play turned psychological cage match by the name of "fluffy bunny." New to this form of entertainment, I quickly learned the gist of what by any standard would appear to be a light-hearted and innocuous diversion. Yet when Seth bests Richard in their duel, Richard very completely loses his nut. The response we're fed is violent and unhinged, and director Bloomquist sells it with near-magical aplomb. As do the actors: We feel from the screen that Richard has truly become that legitimate live wire; a full and present threat to all the houseguests. Accordingly - and incrementally - Bloomquist ratchets up the break-neck tension until we're full-blown unnerved. Ambitious in its plot design with sharp-as-a-tack dialogue, and with an efficiency of set design allowing for maximized production value, this is clearly a shrewd and gifted filmmaking team strategically aware of all the drivers required in making weird and wonderful art. As a result, Long Lost is nothing short of a terrific slab of mysterious and thrilling filmmaking, and not without a dark little sparkle of legit genius.

• Jun 05, 2019

This was a stellar film that had all of the key components firing on all cylinders. A very well written script, a cast that nailed each of their roles, a beautiful set, Gorgeous cinematography, a great score, seamless editing and excellent direction. Definitely recommend this one and look forward for more from this director.

• Jun 03, 2019

There's some beautiful work done in this film. Top notch directing, cinematography and acting. It isn't often that you get a genuine sense of tension in an indie film. It keeps you on your toes. Definitely worth giving a watch.

• May 06, 2019

I very much enjoyed this film when seeing it. The link between how thrilling it was yet bringing a psych aspect to the film made it enjoyable. I very much recommend this film.

• May 03, 2019

The film had potential but wasted it on a lame twist and an incomplete movie. It's not often that you say the movie needed 20 more minutes, but imo that's the case here. Act 1 was ok, Act 2 got interesting at times and right when Act 3 begins the movie ends. At least that's how I saw it. And may be it's just me... the ratings for this film at multiple outlets all had it rated very well. I have a hard time seeing what they enjoyed about the film. Don't get me wrong, the film had it's moments, where the intrigue and mystery were heightened but then it decided to take a left turn, and it's the weirdest left turn. There's no satisfactory conclusion re what transpired before it. I wouldn't recommend this movie.

• Apr 29, 2019

"Long Lost", the feature film written and directed by two-time Emmy winner, Erik Bloomquist, is drawing rave critical reviews as a must- see - and then a must-see again - in order to truly appreciate and tease out the subtle complexities and multiple layers of plot contradictions, psychological intrigue, disturbing characterizations and pretentious hollow venue. The superb acting, sinister character and plot implications unwit and confound the viewer in a venue that both invites and intimidates. "What am I missing?" confronts the viewer throughout, both intellectually and emotionally, until the shocking unanticipated ending which only begins to answer the pervasive question. Watch alone if you dare, or watch with a few friends as the discussion will surely be rousing, with a rewatch creating heightened scrutiny. This is not your typical psychological thriller; find out why.

• Apr 20, 2019

Nicely done. Definitely had suspense and interesting plot twists.

Nicely done. Definitely had suspense and interesting plot twists.

• Apr 12, 2019

Outstanding erotic thriller that definitely deserves multiple viewings. Great ending, and a solid performance by the cast, especially Adam Weppler! If you like twisty thrillers that pull the rug out from under you, LONG LOST is a great choice.

• Apr 10, 2019

From the moment this film starts you'll be on the edge of your seat and feeling slightly uneasy as it takes you on a dark and twisty ride. Throughout each twist and turn, and oddly competitive children's game, you'll find yourself unable to figure out just what is going on until you suddenly understand everything. Bizarre, thought-provoking, and strangely funny, you'll find yourself questioning everything you just saw and needing to watch it over and over again.

• Apr 10, 2019

I don't want to give anything away but this is one of those movies you have to see multiple times. You'll finish watching and your reaction will be something like, "Wait a second...how did I miss that?!?!" Such a great story and the smaller cast makes this even more intimate as you really feel like you have a connection with each character. This movie has; suspense, humor, thrills, sexiness, puzzlement, and an ending that will have you clicking: "Watch from beginning." Seriously, this is an absolute must see!