Long Shot - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Long Shot Reviews

½ May 19, 2019
A pure leftist propaganda movie. Disgraceful.
May 19, 2019
Enjoyable. Charlize Theron looks incredible in this film.
May 19, 2019
If i had the cash i would watch it again right now!!! It was hilarious, made some really good points and felt very authentic. I give these two all my love. And ill buy it when it hits the stores!
½ May 19, 2019
I really enjoyed this movie. I thought it was going to be just another romcom with an unlikely duo, but the dialogue and antics kept me laughing throughout the whole movie. Not without its scatological one-liners and scenes (which were actually funny), the story was politically inspiring and topical. Surprised me!
May 19, 2019
A fun, sometimes raunchy comedy for adults. Theron and Rogan have amazing chemistry.
May 19, 2019
Terrible. Did not make sense. Disgusting scene.
½ May 19, 2019
Very Fun movie. I feel like Seth Rogen plays the same character but his chemistry with Charlize Theron was great. I enjoyed it and thought it was hilarious.
May 19, 2019
I thought it was very funny, witty and inspiring.
May 19, 2019
Definitely must watch, its funny and honestly a good movie
May 19, 2019
Humorous and emotional, a great movie that I enjoyed from start to finish
May 19, 2019
This isn't consistently funny from start to finish, but there are plenty of funny lines. Seth Rogen and Charlize Theron have good chemistry, and even though you know where it's going you want to see them get together. The breakout star of this movie is probably Fred's best friend (played by Ice Cube's son). Some of the scenes involving the media are a bit over the top for me. But I thought it moved pretty well for being two hours and it's definitely entertaining.
2.25/5 stars

The movie was pretty thin. The script and dialog were never deep or super funny. I didn't dislike the movie -- but it also really just didn't have much to it. The Trump and Fox News knockoffs were mildly amusing. I never really felt a deep chemistry between Seth Rogan and Charlize Theron's characters.

Note: If you do go see it make sure you are ready for "American Pie" level vulgarity.
May 18, 2019
the two leads surprisingly come together well in this movie for a funny comedy that will entertain a large variety of audience member
May 18, 2019
This movie really has no business being as good as it is. There were many moments and opportunities for failure where the script kinda rushed into political messaging but they never really killed the movie (and they definitely should have). I still don't get how this was not a total cringe fest but hey that's how it is sometimes.
½ May 18, 2019
I laughed out loud at least 4 times and I don't usually do that. Yes, it's predictable - it's a Rom-Com, what do you expect. This one is highly watchable and enjoyable.
May 18, 2019
Charlize and Seth obviously pull off all the great comedic sequences and lines wonderfully but more prominently are very much acting with all their natural abilities, which makes this an often engaging and moving rom-com, even if it somewhat relies on comforting and obvious themes at the end of the day. There's something about it that reminds me of old-fashioned rom-coms of the 40s or 30s like "Bringing Up Baby," that blends in the Apatow-esque humor and timely issues.
½ May 18, 2019
Waste of money, and more importantly a waste time. They should Have to pay you to suffer through this one.
½ May 18, 2019
This movie is hilarious, if you get high before viewing. Otherwise, it's a completely implausible, formulaic, cliche with a few chuckles sprinkled here and there. If you really want to see this ridiculous pablum, wait for it to come out on Netflix or borrow it from your library. Don't waste your money.
May 18, 2019
Long Shot surprised me and I ended up having a good time watching this movie, I haven't laughed at a movie that much in a while so it was refreshing. The connection between its two leads (Rogen and Theron) felt real and was a joy to watch throughout this movie. I however felt that the start was pretty bland but the movie did eventually pick up for me and I enjoyed most of it to say that it is a solid rom-com.
½ May 18, 2019
Not as funny as expected considering the cast and trailer.The plot dragged. Could have shaved a half hour off the movie.