The Longshots - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Longshots Reviews

½ March 28, 2016
Very underrated movie. It's pretty by the numbers but overall there's enjoyment to be found in it.
June 16, 2015
With a good intention and an inspirational story, The Longshots delivers a great moral. Unfortunately though, it still lacks the appalling action it needs to captivate.
April 6, 2015
i want to see this movie
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A true story drama movie with Ice Cube in a role which he did a great job with. He have made some lousy comedy lately so it was fun to see him back on the track again. This flick follows the story about a young girl joining a football team. Its a good family movie with drama , sport and even some small comedy parts. Well made movie and despite i have seen dozen of sport movies i never get bored of them.
September 29, 2014
heerlijk luchtig als je ziek in bed ligt :-)
August 22, 2014
A run-of-the-mill sports drama. I typically enjoy the genre so I found it watchable. Its problem is that it is too generic. I liked it, but I probably wouldn't watch it again. (First and only viewing - 5/26/2014)
October 30, 2013
With deft direction and a script that never forgets it's characters humanity Fred Durst has created the perfect family film
½ October 1, 2013
This was a sweet movie about a Pop Warner football that changes every thing for their small town.
September 15, 2013
It helps that it is a true story otherwise The Longshots would just be another family friendly money grabber from Ice Cube. Nothing is great about The Longshots but the family friendly true story of the first girl quarterback to play in the little league super bowl has enough drama to keep viewers interested.
½ April 30, 2013
Good movie for the kids to watch...and Fred Durst directed it. Who would have thought that
½ April 27, 2013
good movie to see :-)
LWOODS04
April 14, 2013
The Longshots is a predictable but enjoyable film about a young girl who just wants to blend in. She's a bit awkward and hides behind her books and is pretty much a loner. She would rather be left alone and seems pretty depressed about her father abandoning her. Her mother Claire works hard long hours and enlists her daughters fathers brother to look after Jasmine while she works. He refuses at first, but eventually agrees. He's not happy about the situation and she's not all that happy about the arrangement either. Curtis finds Jasmine to be rude, distant, and a bit weird since she ignores him behind her books. She doesn't care for him all that much either. She rags on him about his clothes and tells him a few times that he smells. Eventually they find a common interest, Football. Over the sport the two become very close and start to care a lot about each other. I am always more interested in the relationships between the characters. I enjoyed watching the relationship between the uncle and niece build up from being cold and distant to loving like a father and daughter relationship. Of course there was football in the middle of all that. Curtis helps Jasmine come out her shell by teaching her how to play football and by encouraging her to put herself out there. In turn she helped him peel off all the layers he had been hiding behind as well and become more than the smelly man who drinks beer out of a bag. It's a cute charming film. One the family could enjoy.
February 15, 2013
I love the movie. It shows that no matter who u r u can do what ever.
½ January 24, 2013
Nice film..I liked it...great story.. big Ice Cube fan...
½ October 1, 2012
I enjoyed and I rarely enjoy sports movies. Can't believe the director is THE Fred Durst. Watched his commentary and he seems normal. Who knew?
September 6, 2012
inspirational story! beautiful!
½ July 6, 2012
This was a pretty cool movie based on the true story on a young girl who makes a pop warner football team and her uncle that helps her along the way. It is also the story of a town and its revival as it follows the teams success. It is a great family movie and worth a watch.
½ June 27, 2012
It was ok, not the best, but Ok.
June 15, 2012
.This movie makes you feel like you can accomplish anything. It has a lot of heart and good performances especially by Ice Cube. It is very entertaining and funny. I like Ice cube not only as an actor but as a singer too. He is always right on with his performance. this movie really does make you feel good after watching it and puts a big smile on your face. For the directer who is Fred Durst should be satisfied with hemself for making this movie and should consider it a big and rewarding accomplishment.
April 30, 2012
nothing new and pretty melodramatic.