Looking for Alibrandi Reviews

• Jul 27, 2014

The Book Is Semi-Autobiographical, But The Movie Brings All Those Family Characters & Italian Culture To Life Upon The Sydney-Side Backdrop. Pia Lights Up The Screen & It's Lovely To Watch Her Smiling Away..

• Jun 07, 2014

Looses it a bit in places and has not identified the most important themes from the book.

• Dec 16, 2012

Great film, revived memories of my teen years in parts. A much better film than I expected.

• Sep 12, 2012

An often gut-wrenchingly accurate film (based on the book), aimede at the heartbreak and embarress-ment a teenager can suffer. Josephine Alibrandi is a 17-year-old girl who in her final year at HSC meets her estranged father, suffers the death of a friend, meets a boy like her and discovers a dark family secret. With some fantastic performances, especially Pia Miranda as Josephine, Looking for Alibrandi is the perfect film for teenagers who are suffering personal problems, and can learn from it.

• Jul 29, 2012

A charming warm-hearted film.

A charming warm-hearted film.

• Jun 07, 2012

Another Aussie classic.

Another Aussie classic.

• Feb 06, 2012

my opinion book was better, it dealt with the underlying issues a lot more clearly

• May 19, 2011

The movie, like the book, is very refreshing and captures a particular time and place in Sydney that are just as I remember them.

• Nov 13, 2010

Pleasantly surprising. Intelligent & mostly fun.

Pleasantly surprising. Intelligent & mostly fun.

• Nov 03, 2010

It's originality & ordinary setting makes it one of the best Australian movies I've seen.. The book rocks too!! Rumour has it that Looking for Alibrandi is the most stolen book in the library..:)