Looney Tunes: Back in Action - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Looney Tunes: Back in Action Reviews

½ March 26, 2017
The energized and fun Looney Tunes who are just as lovable as ever take a back seat to bland boring human main characters and a live action environment that just don't mix well with the rest of the Looney Tunes. However it does have a fun climax and entertaining side characters which might make the film enjoyable for some viewers.
½ February 28, 2017
I can't complain too much cuz it's Looney Tunes.
½ February 5, 2017
At least this movie had a few funny moments and the Looney Tunes were put to good use. However, the plot, setting, and real life characters weren't really engaging, but at least it was better than Space Jam.
½ February 3, 2017
Space Jam (1997) will be continued, a little better film. The plot is completely renovated (fortunately, because if extended for the last part of the way, the film would be a lot worse), and the whole is better. Once again, there are real actors and of course the cartoon characters. Expenditure will slowly begin to go amusing, but the plot is not still not perfect. The film is entertaining The equity in a sense, but how Steve Martin and Timothy Dalton have so strayed.
February 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 29, 2017
This is a very boring "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" rip-off with bad acting and horrible jokes. Space Jam is much better.
January 14, 2017
Decent CGI and a hilarious turn from Steve Martin as the villain give way to a plot that's too ridiculous even for the Looney Tunes, as well as a few jokes that would be considered questionable in a kids movie.
December 22, 2016
In certi punti รจ divertente,ma rimane soltanto un franchiasing per cartoni andato male
½ December 16, 2016
Oddly harder to maintain a suspension of disbelief than it is for Who Framed Roger Rabbit but then this is much wackier movie that's really all about the gags. It moves fast which helps a lot and the gags hit more often than they miss. You may only watch this once but it's fun while it lasts.
½ December 4, 2016
Nothing special, including many of the FX.
November 10, 2016
i thought it was a pretty good looney tunes movie
½ October 20, 2016
After watching it again after all these years, I loved what I saw.
It's not perfect but watching it is a lot more enjoyable as a grown up.
October 4, 2016
Not as good as Space Jam, but still pretty good.
August 26, 2016
Love the Looney Tunes. Enjoyed Looney Tunes: Back in Action.
August 21, 2016
Dante is the right director for this material and whenever the screenplay gets away from him (which is quite often) he is usually able to salvage the movie with an inspired gags or two.
August 17, 2016
Loved it was witty and funny
August 6, 2016
I didn't have I hopes, but it was better than I would expect. It made fun of itself and never took itself too seriously. It stayed true to the roots of Looney Toons. It was also funny how it poked funny at how PC the world has become and what used to be funny is now not allowed. Overall it is a good movie for a family of all ages.
½ July 19, 2016
Aside from some good jokes, gags, and scenes, this isn't very funny. But the funny parts are great! Very smart, and very funny! Steve Martin is fine, but it's not like he's anything special. He's funny at times, and annoying at times. What's really cool though is seeing Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck in the real world again, and for a whole movie! Obviously this is going to be compared to Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and obviously it's not as good. This movie is essentially about nothing, with Bugs and Daffy in the real world, and some funny parts thrown in. Kids will like this, adults will think it's alright. It's definitely not as bad as it could have been, which really helps it be a lot better!
June 18, 2016
I'm a big fan of Bug Bunny and Daffy Duck and I enjoyed watching this but it lacks the subtle humor of the old cartoons. The plot is simple and the humor is silly slapstick and probably dumbed down for children but it was nice to see all the old characters that I enjoyed as a kid. I preferred the Warner Brothers cartoons over those of Walt Disney. The movie was very nostalgic in that it included a lot of references to old movies. I especially liked the part when they're in the secret lab in Area 52 where they had aliens from old 1950s sci-fi, Daleks from Dr. Who and Robbie the Robot of Forbidden Planet fame. I also like the scene where Bug and Daffy are being chased by Elmer Fudd in the Louvre. The characters would run into the paintings and they would morph into the style of that painting. For example, if it was a Salvador Dali painting they would become surreal. Not a great movie but fun. It's certainly better than the one with Michael Jordan.
June 15, 2016
The looney tunes world and reality and beyond. Cartoons will always have place in time, space, and all that matter.