Looney Tunes: Back in Action - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Looney Tunes: Back in Action Reviews

½ December 4, 2016
Nothing special, including many of the FX.
November 10, 2016
i thought it was a pretty good looney tunes movie
½ October 25, 2016
Oddly harder to maintain a suspension of disbelief than say it is for Who Framed Roger Rabbit but then this is much wackier movie thats really all about the gags. It moves fast which helps a lot and the gags hit more often than they miss. You may only watch this once but it's fun while it lasts.
½ October 20, 2016
After watching it again after all these years, I loved what I saw.
It's not perfect but watching it is a lot more enjoyable as a grown up.
October 4, 2016
Not as good as Space Jam, but still pretty good.
August 26, 2016
Love the Looney Tunes. Enjoyed Looney Tunes: Back in Action.
August 21, 2016
Dante is the right director for this material and whenever the screenplay gets away from him (which is quite often) he is usually able to salvage the movie with an inspired gags or two.
August 17, 2016
Loved it was witty and funny
August 6, 2016
I didn't have I hopes, but it was better than I would expect. It made fun of itself and never took itself too seriously. It stayed true to the roots of Looney Toons. It was also funny how it poked funny at how PC the world has become and what used to be funny is now not allowed. Overall it is a good movie for a family of all ages.
½ July 19, 2016
Aside from some good jokes, gags, and scenes, this isn't very funny. But the funny parts are great! Very smart, and very funny! Steve Martin is fine, but it's not like he's anything special. He's funny at times, and annoying at times. What's really cool though is seeing Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck in the real world again, and for a whole movie! Obviously this is going to be compared to Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and obviously it's not as good. This movie is essentially about nothing, with Bugs and Daffy in the real world, and some funny parts thrown in. Kids will like this, adults will think it's alright. It's definitely not as bad as it could have been, which really helps it be a lot better!
June 18, 2016
I'm a big fan of Bug Bunny and Daffy Duck and I enjoyed watching this but it lacks the subtle humor of the old cartoons. The plot is simple and the humor is silly slapstick and probably dumbed down for children but it was nice to see all the old characters that I enjoyed as a kid. I preferred the Warner Brothers cartoons over those of Walt Disney. The movie was very nostalgic in that it included a lot of references to old movies. I especially liked the part when they're in the secret lab in Area 52 where they had aliens from old 1950s sci-fi, Daleks from Dr. Who and Robbie the Robot of Forbidden Planet fame. I also like the scene where Bug and Daffy are being chased by Elmer Fudd in the Louvre. The characters would run into the paintings and they would morph into the style of that painting. For example, if it was a Salvador Dali painting they would become surreal. Not a great movie but fun. It's certainly better than the one with Michael Jordan.
June 15, 2016
The looney tunes world and reality and beyond. Cartoons will always have place in time, space, and all that matter.
June 8, 2016
Its references are dated, its CGI is bad, the human actors are embarrassing, and it seems to have a problem knowing who its audience is...but what can I say? IT'S FUNNY! Dante has a great grasp on what made these Tunes comedically pop. Also, film fans will get a kick out of the multitude of scifi-movie references during the Area 52 scene.
June 8, 2016
Looney, but not a classic. Done well enough, but not entirely amusing. While the plot, for the most part, was interesting enough for the Looney Tunes world, the film just wasn't well put together. I also didn't feel much of the charm out of some of the classic characters like I have before. Okay overall.
June 2, 2016
Good acting and witty jokes slightly overshadow the plot's unintelligible structure.
May 27, 2016
This movie has Whisky Tango Foxtrot moments that made me laugh all the way through! A goofy looney action film of what would happen if cartoons where in the real world.
May 23, 2016
This is an unfunny, "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" rip-off with really bad acting.
May 9, 2016
Best Amazing Movie I've had ever seen in my life.
½ May 5, 2016
Why do people love Space Jam, but do not like this? Sure Space Jam is better, but not by much. Looney Tunes: Back in Action is a fun quality movie.
April 18, 2016